Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Transferring to a European University?

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter


    I am about to start my second year at the University of Manchester. The thing is, I've just come back from backpacking and I feel like the world has opened itself up to me (cliché I know)

    I now really want to transfer to a different University for the rest of my degree. I realise that this is really late in the year to go about transferring, but I thought I would try asking whatever! I would pretty much love to study wherever, although I don't speak another language fluently. I am however willing to learn.

    If anyone knows anything about this process of transferring abroad I'd be very grateful to find out more!

    Thank you so much for your time!

    Would you be up for going to China? I'm pretty sure most places would accept transfer students, tuition / living costs are super cheap, there are loads of full scholarships available for international students, most universities offer one year Chinese language courses which will get you up to HSK 4 (minimum needed to study on a Chinese medium course), and a lot of universities offer courses completely English too.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do you wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.