The Student Room Group

If you're looking for a new mobile phone/tariff please look here first!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Can you get internet on O2 withought having to have a certain amount of texts/ minutes?
Reply 281
Original post by BritGirl
Can you get internet on O2 withought having to have a certain amount of texts/ minutes?

Do you mean an internet only sim?
Reply 282
Original post by Hello oh
Do you mean an internet only sim?

Yes, I didn't know you could get them..?
Reply 283
GiffGaff? I know thread's old but mod should edit it to include GG if the said OP is inactive.
Reply 284
Original post by BritGirl
Yes, I didn't know you could get them..?

Yep, like the poster above said your best option is probably GiffGaff who run on 02's network (so will work in 02 phones).

http://giffgaff.com/goodybags#data

Other networks offer them also, usually for use in ipads/other tablets but if you're using it in a phone and you're a heavy internet user it'll work out cheaper just to buy one of the GiffGaff phone plans that include 'truly' unlimited internet along with minutes/texts.
Reply 285
Original post by sphin-mo
I'm thinking about getting a blackberry - anybody have any suggestions/recommendations about which one I should get and what tariff/network I should get. I don't text or call a huge amount so I don't require unlimited texts or minutes but I would use quite a bit of internet. I'm so clueless about phone shopping - been looking on websites and all of the deals are quite expensive or don't provide free internet access. Any help please? Also does pay as you go mean you don't get internet for free how much does it cost?

Wait for GG to release BB package on end of November next Month.
Reply 286
Original post by Hello oh
Yep, like the poster above said your best option is probably GiffGaff who run on 02's network (so will work in 02 phones).

http://giffgaff.com/goodybags#data

Other networks offer them also, usually for use in ipads/other tablets but if you're using it in a phone and you're a heavy internet user it'll work out cheaper just to buy one of the GiffGaff phone plans that include 'truly' unlimited internet along with minutes/texts.

If you 'buy' one of the giffgaff goody bags - say £10 - after the one month of using your inclusive minutes etc does you credit start going down ?

Or is it simply a case that you are buying these minutes text web etc and there never see the £10?
Reply 287
Original post by C4OShea
If you 'buy' one of the giffgaff goody bags - say £10 - after the one month of using your inclusive minutes etc does you credit start going down ?

Or is it simply a case that you are buying these minutes text web etc and there never see the £10?

The latter, the £10 doesn't go towards credit on your phone but you pay it outright for the minutes/texts/data regardless of what you use (unless you go over).
Hello, i have a phone and would like to know which would be the best sim.

how much does it cost for a text message, which is the cheapst sim operator ? thanks
Reply 289
I just got the 12 month sim 300 plan from 3. 300 mins, 3000 texts and 1gb internet all for £10 per month. I would reccomend this.

Also, i am told that i can upgrade to a phone in 3 months so i am just curious as to what kind of phones i will be offered as i would like the sensation but i have a poor credit rating.
Reply 290
Anyone knows when t mobile are gonna start offering the galaxy nexus?
They've not actually said anything about offering it, and in their 'coming soon' section all that's mentioned is the new Nokia windows phones.

It's set to go on sale in the next week or so, apparently, with o2, Three and Vodafone confirming that they're stocking it, so I'd be very surprised if T-mobile didn't stock it.
Reply 292
hi...random question!

i've bought a text bundle on tesco mobile for 5000 texts for £5, but it auto renews every month. if i want this to stop, i can send a text, however if i do that does it cancel the texts i have left? i've just bought it, but i dont want it again, worried i may lose them all.

thanks! and sorry for the lack of grammar.
Reply 293
Original post by iPthreefifthteen
Anyone know if O2 will offer the 4GS to new customer on release day? And does being an PAY&GO count as being an existing customer?

And finally is 18month contract with 300 mins, unlimited text and 500 MB internet for £37 per month + £249 for handset price the best deal possible for the iPhone 4GS 32GB?

Any help would be appreciated.

£37 a month and £250 outright is absolutely ridiculous.
Reply 294
Hi,
I am currently on a contract with O2, have been for 3 years (non-smartphone). I am looking to get the 4s, and noticed that it costs $199 in the U.S.
Is it possible to buy the 4s from the U.S. and use it in the UK using my current contract??
Reply 295
Original post by TI-84
Hi,
I am currently on a contract with O2, have been for 3 years (non-smartphone). I am looking to get the 4s, and noticed that it costs $199 in the U.S.
Is it possible to buy the 4s from the U.S. and use it in the UK using my current contract??

It costs $199 upfront for a contract in the US...
Original post by TI-84
Hi,

Does your contract inc internet usage?

Might be best to try to negotiate an upgrade, of both phone and contract - stuff like siri needs constant access to the net to work properly.

And as the above user says it's that price with a contract there's little point even trying to source it from the US.
Reply 297
Original post by Kevmeister
Does your contract inc internet usage?

Might be best to try to negotiate an upgrade, of both phone and contract - stuff like siri needs constant access to the net to work properly.

And as the above user says it's that price with a contract there's little point even trying to source it from the US.

What is the average data usage on O2??
I am looking to get the 500MB, I wouldn't be looking to download music/TV show's on the go etc.
(edited 12 years ago)
Giffgaff is the way forward :biggrin:
Original post by TI-84
What is the average data usage on O2??
I am looking to get the 500MB, I wouldn't be looking to download music/TV show's on the go etc.

Hard to say what the average is, but 500mb is not all that much. Like browsing facebook/twitter and so forth can use up a few after a few minutes. And then you have apps, which vary wildly in size - and then need updating from time to time.

Given what they'll charge for every MB over that allowance I'd get an unlimited deal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending