The Student Room Group

If you're looking for a new mobile phone/tariff please look here first!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
What is the general opinion on the Samsung U600? On play.com it's only £130 on payg - which seems an absolute steal if it's similar in quality to the N73, which going by the specs it seems to be.
Cheers
Ourkid
Can I get some suggestions. I want a new phone. :smile:

Current phone - Motorola RAZR V3
Good points (i.e I would like on my new phone)
-good sized buttons (proper qwerty keypad would be equally good)
-MP3 ring/text tones
-PC connectivity
-fairly good camera
-backlight on keys
-fairly good predictive text & prediction (what I tend to use)
-video capture

Worse features (don't want if poss[bear with me])
-cruddy battery life, esp with games, (although I hardly play them nowadays)
-no camera flash/light
-cautious of snapping it
-keys make marks on screen
-punctuation in texts is in one lonng line
-video capture is unreliable/cuts off after a few seconds
-small, non-expandable memory
-bluetooth has never worked
-can't always feel it vibrate

Anything else
-I like the idea of 'coffin' style phones (google it :wink:) or sliders
-I'm reckoning a contract with as many texts as poss would be good, around £30-35 p/m would be in my budget.

A couple that have attracted me are the LG Shine (unless it's a primarily female :p:), G600 (though neither have vibrate?), U600, Blackberrys.

Anyone recommend one over the others, or another one that fits that I've missed?

Thankies :smile:
the g600 most definitely has vibrate. it's a cracking phone. i recommend tmobile's flext deals, especially for your budget! for £30 a month you get £180 credit, bargains.
Reply 23
omw, i've just been trying to find a new phone and man, i don't even know where to start.

i've decided that i would like a phone with a decent camera, that's relatively thin and has lots of space for music. i never thought i'd need a phone with all that, but i'd rather have my phone as my mp3 player, than get a dedicated mp3 player which i will use like, once a year.

anyway, i've been looking at the sony ericsson w880i, seen as it has most of the above, but am i missing out on something good with another brand? i'm only looking at sony ericssons because they have a good reputation for music walkmans, and i have one at the moment and i love it: a k750i. it's just a bit too bulky and i don't have the required memory space needed for it to be any use as a proper mp3 player.

help please!
Reply 24
Nothing springs to mind... the w880i is very popular.
Is a Sony Ericsson K850i phone any good?
Reply 26
Andy Pipkin
Is a Sony Ericsson K850i phone any good?

its ok....abit of a brick though
Reply 27
I'm looking for a new mobile but its been so long since i got one (currently own nokia 3310 :redface:) that i dont really have much of an idea of whats available at the moment so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

i quite fancy
-a good camera
-slidey/bar phone, not a clam shell
-under £200 (Im on orange pay as you go)

not too fussed about having loads of music features since Ive already got an ipod.

Reply 28
Oh, dont worry, bought a phone today :biggrin:
Reply 29
Hiya! Anyone got any ideas what good phone I could buy for £100 or less? I'm not wanting a Sony Ericsson though! I had a Samsung D600 a while back and it was the best phone ever! Any ideas?
Reply 30
Samsung D900, they are like £79.00, and if you are used to Samsungs, it is ideal.
Reply 31
.Andrew.
Samsung D900, they are like £79.00, and if you are used to Samsungs, it is ideal.

I was thinking that but they are quite big! :p:
Reply 32
True, but they are quite good, especially for the price.

Beats one of them nasty Nokia or SE phones, they seem to break alot compared to Samsung.
Reply 33
.Andrew.
True, but they are quite good, especially for the price.

Beats one of them nasty Nokia or SE phones, they seem to break alot compared to Samsung.
=

I really like Samsung phones! Is there any other Samsungs you could recommend me?
Reply 34
Not sure there are many decent ones under £100 :frown:
Reply 35
.Andrew.
Not sure there are many decent ones under £100 :frown:

Would the D600 be really bad? Or is it too out of fashion? :p:
Reply 36
Depends if you are bothered about camera, memory and all that jazz really. :smile:
Reply 37
.Andrew.
Depends if you are bothered about camera, memory and all that jazz really. :smile:

Well I can get a Samsung G600 for £150 it's a bit over £100 but do you think it would be worth it?
Reply 38
If you can get a G600 for £150, then go for it. Superb phone :smile: Bargain.
Nice idea!

Quick Reply