The Student Room Group

Girls, how much do you spend on a handbag?

Scroll to see replies

dont buy handbags
they are unpractical things

Spoiler

I don't think I've spent more than £25. My newest one cost £12 in a sale!*:smile:
I treated myself to a red leather Gucci handbag out of my first pay packet when I was a dancer at the Moulin Rouge in Paris in 1987. I got all dressed up so I would look the part, and went in to their shop on the Rue Du Faubourg Saint Honore. I still have the receipt. It cost 2,000 Francs, or roughly £200. Sadly since then, one side of the straps has come away.
Between £0 - £1,500. My handbag addiction has been steadily increasing since the age of 16.
Original post by jamesthehustler
I'm a guy
the most I've spent on a 2 messenger bags was £875 (1 Montblanc and an LV) for personal use
but
for commercial trading I've spent £3,500 on a used Hermes Birkin which I bought in Yorkshire on holiday and I took it back to London and got £8,000 from a dealer

A Birkin for £3,500? What a BARGAIN! What colour was the bag/hardware?!
For a typical purchase I would spend around £50 but once I qualify I'll be spending far, far more on my bags. Right now I'm saving up a bit for a mid range designer.
Original post by Technetium
A Birkin for £3,500? What a BARGAIN! What colour was the bag/hardware?!

orange tan
and gold hardware
Original post by vee_wuvshugs
For a typical purchase I would spend around £50 but once I qualify I'll be spending far, far more on my bags. Right now I'm saving up a bit for a mid range designer.

what do you consider mid-range as I have a vintage Gucci in stock but if that's not your thing check these out
https://www.yoogiscloset.com/handbags it's in the US but they do ship internationally
or
http://shop.prestigepawnbrokers.co.uk/product-category/designer-handbags/ as they operate here with a store in London and manchester and 2 in surrey as well as the online site
The most I've spent on a bag is £70 for my longchamp i don't regret it all its a really sturdy bag, will last a long time and is cute
Reply 49

Have you checked out Ismad.co.uk they have a cool collection of bags, all handmade and chemical-free. 0

I don't use handbags.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most I've spent was just over £2500 on a dior bag, one of the best purchases I made. Got it for doing well at the start of year 10 :tongue:
It depends. Usually around $80-$150 for tote bags. I like big bags so I usually end up spending that much, but I don't really go for high end luxury brands. I just don't think it's worth it. Just recently, I bought a black shoulder bag that's super classy and versatile. I love it and it was like $80. This is Australian dollars, by the way.
Reply 53
Around $400
I got a leather bag from H&M or Zara--forgot which one--for under £30. I think it was Rp.300,000/£20 at the time. It's gone though plenty of abuse over the past 3 years and is small, lightweight, and goes with everything. I can fit 3 books, a large phone, and a wallet in it easily. 10/10 would recommend.

Edit: Not a handbag btw. Its one of those shoulder bag things (???) uh. I'm a shoe person not a bag person I'm sorry.

Also, I get hand-me-downs from my mum, who is most definitely a bag person. Her most recent purchase was a dead ugly Fendi bag that could buy me 6 pairs of shoes. *cri*
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest