The Student Room Group

A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Scroll to see replies

AAAB - Don't know if that's good enough for Economics at Cambridge
B in Biology, and A's in Maths, Chemistry and Economics.
Reply 181
Original post by isabella1999
No I asked on the Cambridge admissions thread thing, they had a meeting and said they are not looking at raw marks this year, phewwww. I want to apply for medicine too at Cambridge and I got AAAAA but only 50/70 on one biology paper thank god they are not looking!

That's awesome. I'm officially happy
I got an A for Maths and to my surprise I got an A for all 3 modules- C1, C2 and S1
ABBD - D was in biology and A in Photography, Bs in English Lit and Geography. Pretty much as expected, trying to work out if I can get out of second year biology because I don't think I can continue Photography. Hopefully the Bs will become As at least next year.
Hi all,

For my AQA Physics paper 1 and 2, I achieved 40 points in each. According to the latest grade boundaries released by AQA this should should mean I fall exactly on a B grade. However I got a C. Could this be a mistake? If it's not then can someone please explain it to me please.

Would also like to know if its worth getting both of my papers remarked...
Maths- A
Further Maths -A
Physics-A

I wonder if I can apply to Cambridge?
Results

Maths: Predicted D / Achieved A

Classical Civilisation: Predicted B / Achieved A

English Lang: Predicted A / Achieved A

English Lit: Predicted A / Achieved A

Comments and reactions
So happy!!! Never expected to do as well as I did in Maths, now I just have the issue of deciding whether to drop Eng Lit or Eng Lang.

Future ambitions
Classical Studies at Uni then hopefully go on to teach.
So happy, managed to get AAAAA! Our school gave us our raw marks, did not too great in a few so thank god for low boundaries!!!

Biology: A (50/70 in one paper, 54/70 in second one)

Chemistry: A (57/75 on one paper, 69/75 on the other :h:)

Psychology: A (53/72 I think on both papers, not that great)

Maths: A (90 UMS in S1, C1, and C2)

General Studies: A (84 UMS in one and 92 UMS in other)

Pretty chuffed medicine isn't out for me now, how did you all do?
Original post by naibby
That's awesome. I'm officially happy

Me too lucky us! :smile:
For people who did the new As aqa econ did you get lower than you expected because im really disappointed with mine
So happy, managed to get AAAAA! Our school gave us our raw marks, did not too great in a few so thank god for low boundaries!!!

Biology: A (50/70 in one paper, 54/70 in second one)

Chemistry: A (57/75 on one paper, 69/75 on the other :h:)

Psychology: A (53/72 I think on both papers, not that great)

Maths: A (90 UMS in S1, C1, and C2)

General Studies: A (84 UMS in one and 92 UMS in other)

Pretty chuffed medicine isn't out for me now, how did you all do?

Well done!! Did you do the new chem spec from OCR? (if so, how did you find out your mark for each paper??)
Results

Physics: A

Chemistry: A

Biology: A

Maths: A

Further maths: A

Comments and reactions
Absolutely over the moon, I got 100 UMS in C1, C2 and D1. I also got 91 in M1, 99 in S1 and 85 in FP1 :biggrin:

Future ambitions
I hope to go to Imperial College London to study Physics (or maybe with theoretical physics). Also going to get pissed tonight :laugh:
Original post by angelscity
Well done!! Did you do the new chem spec from OCR? (if so, how did you find out your mark for each paper??)

Thanks! No, I did AQA, and I'm not sure I just asked them and they had everyone's raw marks on the computer :smile:
Reply 193
I got a C in Health & Social Single, C in Health & Social Double, D in home economics.

I now have to choose whether to stay at school or go to college to do a diploma in health and social level 3.

I want to do nursing and have looked at universities, lowest entry grades required are BCC.

School advise I will go up a grade in a year, I don't know what to do. Any idea?
Original post by Electrify
AAB (AS)
My chances for medicine are gone, aren't they?

Of course not! You've definitely still got a chance for next year especially bc of the reforms. Just work hard, take any entrance exams you need to do and get that work experience/Volunteering. I know someone who got into Bristol with AAB and he's in his 3rd year of med school now. There's definitely hope :h:
Results

Biology: Predicted C / Achieved C

English Lit: Predicted A / Achieved C

Chemistry: Predicted C / Achieved U

Comments and reactions
Massively disappointed, with the C's but I expected the U tbh. The exam went terribly (WJEC new spec). I had a really rough year at home so I know I can achieve a lot better next year. Some classmates also got U's in Chemistry and failed Biology, which I found reassuring as they were also usually A grade students.

Future ambitions
Biology in University. Doesn't look likely I'll get an offer with these grades, but hopefully my teachers can back me up knowing my home life was all over the place all year. Fingers crossed! Anyone been able to get an offer with these kind of grades? (Typical requirements BBB/ABB)
Thanks! No, I did AQA, and I'm not sure I just asked them and they had everyone's raw marks on the computer :smile:

Ah okay, thank you :smile:
Results
Class Civ: Predicted A / Achieved A
English Lang: Predicted A / Achieved A
English Lit: Predicted A / Achieved A
History: Predicted A / Achieved A

Comments and reactions
Oh my god!!!!!! I thought I had absolutely flopped these exams, and thought that there was no chance of getting my predicted grades... I was wrong! I got As in every unit too, and full marks in an English Lang and English Lit paper. I only dropped 1 mark in both English Lit papers too!! I'm freaking out and so, so excited to get applying to university now.

Future ambitions
Go to Cambridge to study Linguistics!
Original post by heHlpH
Why not do both? As you AS grade has to be submitted to UCAS in october and personally it looks better if you get that remark and get an A? obviously bare in mind it isn't guaranteed

That's a good idea but it costs money - also I was talking to 999tigger and he said that there's basically less than a 1%chance of it getting changed to an A, especially with the new changes - what are you planning on doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Economics (Edexcel): B (1 UMS off an A)
English Literature (Edexcel): C (2 UMS off a B)
Geography (AQA):C
Maths (Edexcel): B

I'm not too happy with the Geography result as I was predicted an A and am quite shocked :/ I'm going to drop English Lit anyways so I'm not too bothered about that.

Well done to everyone on their results the hard work paid off :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest