Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Economics- A
Arabic- A
Maths- B
Chemistry- B
Biology- C
I got BBB(D)

B - in Geography (vast improvement from the 'E' grade mock)

B - in Media

B - in ICT

D - in business, which I dropped (with a big cheesy grin on my face, hated the subject.)I was quite surprised with the D in business. I was expecting an E or U.

Overall very happy considering I was predicted all C.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Yameen98
Got B in Govt and Politics 😄
C in History 😄
Then a surprising and disheartening U in Psychology 😡😢

Most people in my psychology class got U's and I was expecting at least a C in Psychology thought I did well dunno wth happened tbh.

You've got the exact same results as me, except that i got a B in film studies, C in sociology, and a s***** U in history 😂😂😂
I don't even know what to do with the U tbh...
Subjects: History, Law, English Literature, Physics

Predicted in September - A A A B

My prediction in June - A A B D

What I actually got - A A A B

I'm quite satisfied. Probably dropping Physics and then go on to do History (and Politcs) at uni.
Results

History - Target: B/ Archived: A (SO HAPPY OMG)

English Literature: Target B/ Achieved: B (considering I got Cs and Ds all year I am ecstatic)

Classical Civilisation - Target: B/ Achieved: C (Not impressed with this but it could have been worse tbh)

Psychology - Targeted: B/ Archived: D (I have no idea how that happened; I was so confident in the exam and thought I was going to get my target like I had all year - I seriously cried reading that)

Future ambitions
I'd love to study history at Birmingham Uni - AAA (I'm hoping to improve but it's not likely now :frown: ... ) and if all else fails, then become an olympic archer.
Guys, do you think if I f---ed the new specification (2xD), unis will be really dissapointed and they won't accept me? And teachers won't predict me good grades?
ACDC
Biology: Predicted A / Achieved A
Chemistry:Predicted A / Achieved A
Physics: Predicted A / Achieved A
Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A
Maths- A
Chemistry- A
Physics- A
French- A
A Maths
A Further Maths
A Arabic
C Chemistry
Overall I did better than I was expecting, I thought I was going to get ABBD.
Biology: A
Chemistry: A
Physics: A (predicted a B so I'm pleased)
Maths: A
Art and design - A
English Lit - A
Moving image arts - A
Politics - B

AS grades :smile:
Maths: A
Computing: A
Physics: A
History: A

As for future ambitions, I think I want to study Computer Science, but not sure where yet!
For some weird reason I'm not as excited this year for AS level whilst during GCSEs it was way more crazy. But I'm so happy right now, I really doubted myself yesterday.
AQA Chemistry- Predicted A/Achieved A
OCR Biology- Predicted A/Achieved A
Edexcel Physics- Predicted B/Achieved A
Edexcel Mathematics- Predicted A/Achieved A
I really thought I would do bad in Physics. I was keep on getting C for every mock I did, but because I pulled myself together in the end and revised way too much, I did it. My teacher had no hope for me lol :smile:

For university, I will apply for medicine.
(edited 7 years ago)
Maths A*
Further Maths A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Government & politics - B
Religious studies - B
English literature - C

The English lit grade was quite eye opening. I done AQA English lit B: othello, death of a salesman, gatsby and Keats. Anyone else do this spec?

Got a C in Unit 1 of politics and an A in unit 2. Expected to do better in the second unit, the first was horrendous I thought.
Maths- A
Music- B
I'm getting one of the units remarked in music because I got an E and I was meant to get an A in that.
Can anyone explain what a 'script' is because the school gave everyone a sheet with all the post exam services, prices and deadlines and I don't understand what 'Original Script' and 'Photocopy of Script' is and why the photocopy is more expensive than the original.
Reply 257
Results
Maths and Further Maths Modules (Edexcel):
C1 - 100 UMS
C2 - 97 UMS
C3 - 98 UMS
C4 - 79 UMS
FP1 - 94 UMS
M1 - 98 UMS
Physics (Internal Exam): A
Chemistry (Internal Exam): A

Comments and reactions
Very happy, although I have ordered a script of my C4 because I'm not sure what went wrong. My school is weird so if we do maths and further maths we sit C3 and C4 early so that we can resit them next year if we need to. If I get the script and it turns out I just messed up my C4 I'll just resit.

Future ambitions
I would like to study natural sciences (Physical) at Cambridge but I know that it is very difficult to get in. I'm unsure about whether my C4 has messed up my chances.
French: B
German: B
Chemistry: B
Biology: B (1 mark off A)

I'm slightly disappointed since I had been predicted all As and I was intending to apply to Cambridge. Unfortunately, my personal circumstances got in the way of that.

Is it worth a remark for Biology? I'd like a higher grade to help my uni applications, but since it is a reformed A level, the AS result will be discarded anyway.

I plan to apply for Modern Languages at Warwick:smile:
1471524009441-1616934853.jpgwhat does this column mean?

Quick Reply