The Student Room Group

"Most" feminism isn't sensible. For the good stuff, you need to look at the edges

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Feminism is a response to oppression caused by mostly men. I would agree that some divisions of feminism can get extreme. But a majority of "silent feminists" and feminists in general call for out right equality. Why is there no "masculism" you ask? Well, the world positions have always been mostly male dominated and the restrictions affect the feminine side more than the male side.

I would call myself a feminist.
Reply 21
Original post by 1010marina
No, feminism promotes equality between men and women. At its core the movement is pro woman not anti man. That's the distinction you need to look for. Anyone spouting otherwise is just deluded.

No feminism does not promote equality. By definition it only focuses on issues affecting women. That's the distinction you need to understand.*
Original post by Mr.cool

No feminism does not promote equality. By definition it only focuses on issues affecting women. That's the distinction you need to understand.*

feminismˈfɛmɪnɪz(ə)m/noun

the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

https://witchwind.wordpress.com/2014/10/07/utopia-what-would-a-womens-society-look-like/

This reads like a piece from the Onion :biggrin: I don't think they could write it better.

It's somewhat scary if you think about it though.
Original post by KingBradly
Yes, well that is what I have done, and I have come to believe that it is only the individualist feminists who are truly interested in a liberal idea of equality where people should not be shamed or belittled for their personal choices, and where both men and women's feelings matter to the same degree.

What about campaigning on issues like fgm, raising huge awareness of it and enforcing changes in the law?

I'd argue that much of today's feminism is about women's issues such as fgm, breast cancer, high levels of sexual assault, as it is about equality.

What really annoys me are the right wing feminists who were celebrating Theresa May being PM, or those who chose Clinton over Bernie simply because she was a woman.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
The reason Western society has gone to hell is a lot of Jewish divisive ideologies

Many of the radical feminists were Jews after all...

What better way than to get women to hate their men and see them as only their oppressors..

Quick Reply