Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Failed a first year module 3 times and now I have been removed from my course.

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

(Original post by Sparkle Brooke)
    I know it was accepted because I received an email from sfe on Monday confirming it, and yes it's quite difficult
    That should stand you in good stead then as the Uni will not forget the financial aspect.

Best advice is take what you have learned from previous years as a learning curve and re-evaluate your studying to see where you need to improve.
    Things to consider,

Do you need to reduce your social time or perhaps increase your studying?
    Are you happy with current method of studying, perhaps change or tweak a few things?
    Get feedback from tutors to see what scored you less points, it could be the real little things that could have reduced your grade?
    Look into different methods to learn material?
    Do you do better in course work or exams?
    Perhaps look into how you revise and tweak it a little bit?

Hi OP,

I can't really provide you with meaningful advice but I hope everything will go well for you in the end.

At any rate, is there reason why you failed an exam three times in a row? Didn't you study or are/were you simply not interested in the course?

Before, you apply to another University it is good that you discover the reasons why you didn't fulfil your potential because £9,000 is a lot of money to pay.

Good luck, OP. I hope it goes well for you. Chin up, and let us know how you got on.

(Original post by Sparkle Brooke)
    I was an Aston university student studying Business management, I failed three modules in first year I was allowed to continue onto second year while trailing two modules out of three as I passed the one of the modules in summer l. I passed the second module but failed the third and achieved a 2:2 in second year. My university have decided to remove me from my course and I don't know what to do. I tried to appeal it but they still removed me and I've been told by three universites that I can't transfer as I didn't leave 1st year with a 2:1. I don't know what I am gonna do as I really need my degree. Can anyone help?
    HelloJust contacting you to find out how you got on. I'm also a student at Aston and went through a similar situation. Did you transfer uni's or still a student at Aston ? I'm also confused on what to do. Aston has just pro longed everything for me.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to
Useful resources

Freshers guidePreparing for universityGuide to Freshers' WeekCity and nightlife guidesAlcohol guide for freshersStaying safe at uniBudgeting and financeStudent foodTravel and getting aroundUniversity study tipsHow to write your dissertation in just four weeksA week in the life of a uni student

Sponsored features:

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Canterbury Christ Church University logo

Canterbury Christ Church University

Discover more about this community-focused university

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick link:

Unanswered uni life threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.