Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you have any phobias?

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

Very very bad with spiders. I don't like moths, but spiders I just can't deal with. If they're too close, or moving unpredictably, I'll cry and even have panic attacks. I need them completely out of the house, and not just outside of the door because I'll be up all night thinking about them coming back in. I check every room in my house for spiders before I enter it, and I never walk around in the dark. I shake out all of my clothes before I put them on, too. I just really can't stand the things. When I was younger, about 5, I developed this really weird fear of lamp-posts. That lasted until I was like 12. I always knew that it was irrational and I could never find someone who had the same fear as me, I still can't now, but that was pretty awful even if it was stupid. Nothing helps with the spiders, I just have to get out ASAP. There was one in my downstairs toilet and even after someone got rid of it I couldn't bring myself to go into the room for months just in case. As for the lamp-posts, I just grew out of it I guess. I moved house a couple of times and I wasn't really around them anymore, and they looked a lot different

That's a big one!

Claustrophobia, fear of being naked in public (no joke), fear of a certain supermarket chain (but that's OCD so not sure if it counts tbh, but I do avoid it as much as possible. Not easy seeing as it's a major one!), and a fear of being diagnosed with any more MH Issues! I've got enough as it is!

There's probably more that I can't think of, but yeah insects is the biggest one!

spiders and supernatural (as you cant be 100% if is real or not)
    i have a mild fear of getting old but other than that i'm pretty chilled. I like snakes, don't mind mice or rats (as long as they are not in my house), don't mind moths flies, bees, wasps, death and more.

I would say that I have a fear of heights as my vision can be blurry and my head spins once at a certain height but I'm also an adrenaline junkie...
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.