The Student Room Group

Gap Year!

Yes, I know it's a little early for me to be worrying about a gap year, as it will not happen until before Uni. However, I need to start saving! I want to experience the world, I want to live the best life I can. If anyone knows of any websites, books, anything. That will help me have the best future I can please help.- KailtynP.s- I also need some tips for revision!
Original post by kaitlyn66
Yes, I know it's a little early for me to be worrying about a gap year, as it will not happen until before Uni. However, I need to start saving! I want to experience the world, I want to live the best life I can. If anyone knows of any websites, books, anything. That will help me have the best future I can please help.- KailtynP.s- I also need some tips for revision!

In terms of saving money, look at where you can start cutting back,and I'm not talking lots and lots, just the little things. So instead of buying extra makeup or a chocolate bar, for example, put that spare change in a jar or in the bank. Do you have a part time job? If not, then maybe look for one locally where the hours can be slightly flexible so it doesn't affect your school work, especially at A-level. If you could work lots in holidays and a few hours a week during terms, then that should help you too.

Whilst you are at college, start planning where you want to go and look at rough estimates for costs (flights and accommodation), as well as making a note of any websites which offer the cheaper rates, maybe like Trip Advisor.

Now for tips for revision. I'm assuming this is for A-level? The best I can say is start early! I don't know how you've done at GCSE or what you are predicted, but make sure the subjects you are doing, you enjoy. Make sure you are organised with folders and stationary before terms start, as you can't afford to fall behind. When you are revising, make sure you re-cover the material you;ve done in the day and briefly look into the topics you will cover next lesson so it is easy to follow along/know what to expect. Methods such as mindmaps and flashcards are generally the most useful techniques, although they are sometimes subject specific.

Which subjects will you be doing? And also what are you thinking of doing at uni?

If you need anymore help, just let me know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest