The Student Room Group

Should i selfteach s3 or d2 further maths modules

which module is easier and which do you advise and is enjoyable and can be learnt quickly as i am doing c3 c4 s2 fp2 d1 fp3/m3/s3/d2 but dont want to do the fp3 and m3 maths modules so unsure about d2 or s3
Original post by youreanutter
which module is easier and which do you advise and is enjoyable and can be learnt quickly as i am doing c3 c4 s2 fp2 d1 fp3/m3/s3/d2 but dont want to do the fp3 and m3 maths modules so unsure about d2 or s3

I self taught both S4 and D2. I had a teacher for S3. My advice would be to stay away from any decision modules as they are boring as f***! D2 is just more of the D1 nonsense. S3 is pretty easy when you get your head around a couple of things. I'd recommend S4 if you get the opportunity. It's a short module (in Edexcel, the Pearson course book is only about 70 pages) and it's also pretty easy and interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by youreanutter

If you are interested in Economics at university (I cannot remember if you are) then I would say S3. I don't know how much optimisation features in Econ (if any) but I am sure that it does not matter if you haven't studied D2 before.

While someone may be able to tell you that D2 is too boring or FP3 is too difficult or anything, your experiences may differ.

Quick Reply

Latest