The Student Room Group

When did you submit your UCAS application...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
Oh I didn't know you had to make your decision in May. I guess all that's left now is for you to hope that you pulled through and got the grades you need.

Well, given that the A2 exams begun in June and university places are confirmed next week in time for term to begin in October, it would have been cutting it very fine if universities didn't expect people to have made up their minds by now.

Original post by thecsstudent
Early October and applied to Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Bath and Southampton for Computer Science. Got rejected from Cambridge. I think my first offer was Bath in November, then Imperial in early December, then Southampton and UCL was way later.
Oh computer science, nice. Aren't the choices you applied for competitive for the course you've chosen? Congratulations on getting offers from your order uni choices. What did you put as your firm and your insurance? I'm assuming you studied Maths, Further Maths and Computer Science?
Reply 42
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
hey does keele require interview for chem? and any advice on personal statement

Posted from TSR Mobile

They didn't interview this year and I've never heard of them interview before. Honestly, just be yourself and describe your passion for the subject and you should be good :biggrin:
Original post by KBSc
They didn't interview this year and I've never heard of them interview before. Honestly, just be yourself and describe your passion for the subject and you should be good :biggrin:

thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44

No problem, happy to help.

I talked about wider knowledge and interest in the subject too, for instance I have been watching Periodic Videos on youtube for around 3/4 years and I've read a few textbooks which are from A2 to University style and I talked about those briefly.

I also underwent relevant work experience at a chemist/pharmacist for a week in the summer last year to make my application stronger, though most people i have spoken to with offers hadn't done this.

With a strong personal statement you can get an offer from anywhere, even if your AS grades are a bit sub par compared to what they're asking for (I got BCC whereas Keele requires BBB, though I have resat some exams this year too). :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by KBSc
No problem, happy to help.

I talked about wider knowledge and interest in the subject too, for instance I have been watching Periodic Videos on youtube for around 3/4 years and I've read a few textbooks which are from A2 to University style and I talked about those briefly.

I also underwent relevant work experience at a chemist/pharmacist for a week in the summer last year to make my application stronger, though most people i have spoken to with offers hadn't done this.

With a strong personal statement you can get an offer from anywhere, even if your AS grades are a bit sub par compared to what they're asking for (I got BCC whereas Keele requires BBB, though I have resat some exams this year too). :biggrin: :biggrin:

o havent gotten work experience but ive been reading the periodic tales which is super interesting to me and this year its ABB if im not mistaken :/ well see what I get

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
o havent gotten work experience but ive been reading the periodic tales which is super interesting to me and this year its ABB if im not mistaken :/ well see what I get

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt it will matter, oh dear haha. you'll be fine :smile:
Early October. I applied to Oxford so had an early deadline. Got 4/5 offers by December and my Oxford offer in January :smile:
5 days before the deadline. Applied for music at Huddersfield, Sheffield, Bath Spa and Canterbury Christchurch and music and theatre at Hull. Got offers from 4 within 2 months and interview from one (which I declined so I didn't get an offer).
Oh computer science, nice. Aren't the choices you applied for competitive for the course you've chosen? Congratulations on getting offers from your order uni choices. What did you put as your firm and your insurance? I'm assuming you studied Maths, Further Maths and Computer Science?

Thanks. Yes they were very competitive so it was a bit risky but it turned out okay. My firm is Imperial and my insurance UCL. I didn't do A levels but yeah I did study these subjects.
Original post by HazMusicPanda
5 days before the deadline. Applied for music at Huddersfield, Sheffield, Bath Spa and Canterbury Christchurch and music and theatre at Hull. Got offers from 4 within 2 months and interview from one (which I declined so I didn't get an offer).
Well done... which ones did you firm and insure?
Well done... which ones did you firm and insure?

Hull firm (had an interview/audition for that) and Huddersfield insurance (had an audition for solo performance module) :P

Quick Reply

Latest