Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

17 year old holiday destinations??

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

Hi guys, next summer me and a friend are looking to go on holiday alone for the first time, we will both be 17 (almost 18) and can't decide where to go. We want somewhere where there is stuff to do in the day and has like a bit of culture and stuff but where there is an alright nightlife (not like Ibiza or Magaluf). Basically somewhere we can enjoy ourselves in the day and night and will still be relatively safe there? Thank you!

(Original post by MrAnything)

Dear TSR

I'm here to provide services that will make life easier on Uni students, all my services are HALF PRICE. This allows you to save money for other things, I cover flight, tickets & food

** Deliveroo **
    Download The App " Deliveroo " Put In Your Postcode & See What Food Places/ Restaurants Can Deliver To Where Ever You Want.. Send Me The Name Of The Food Place & List Of The Food You Want

Pay After You Get Your Food 😋😋

Same With The Tickets & Flights

Everything Half Price

How To Contact Me Download ICQ From The App Store & Add Me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    **** off

I would wait until you are both 18 or maybe even a bit older. I would imagine a lot of the nightlife is catered towards adults who drink, so many clubs and bars wherever you go, the age for being admitted is going to be either 18 or 21. It makes no difference whether you drink alcohol or not; if the bars and clubs are mainly set up with people drinking alcohol in mind ,then you and your friend are going to feel quite excluded if you're not allowed in to any to even drink a coke, i'd imagine.

So basically if you want nightlife you need to go to places with bars and like open bar/club kind of strips rather than official clubs. The former just has an open door policy and the latter differs by having things like ticketed entry, team of bouncers, enclosed venue, barriers, formal rules and, yes you guessed it, ID checks. Even in party places or countries renowned for not really giving two flips how old you are, if they are a proper club you'll get IDed, even Spain, Portugal, and Spanish islands like Ibiza etc. This excludes bars that have ticketed entry by the way, like some bars/parties in Ayia Napa and Maga etc. will charge for entry but they aren't official clubs so don't care about ID.

In other words this rules out Barcelona which is great for culture and nightlife but it's a risk with being asked for ID. Same with other big cities, Berlin especially is strict. Portugal would be my recommendation. In the daytime if you go to a good town like Lagos or anywhere in the Algarve region really (just do some research on the biggest towns) you'll have beaches nearby with day trips and activities and markets in the town centres etc. but also some fun and lively bars in the evening. I've been to Portugal 3 times.

You can travel to Southeast Asia where you can with your budget and visit a lot of interesting places and activities.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.