The Student Room Group

UCAS clearing grades much lower than expected

Hi just a quick question.

I'm going through the courses that are in clearing at the moment just in case results day doesn't go as planned. However I've noticed for one course that I'm interested in the entry requirements are much lower than normal. The normal entry requirements for this course are AAA - AAB but ucas is advertising the entry requirements as ABB - BBB.

It seems like a big drop, especially for AAA requirements to drop to BBB. Is it a mistake on the part of UCAS or does this seem normal for clearing?

Thanks.
Some uni's drop their requirements by a few grades sometimes if they need to fill their places, so it's quite likely thats the case. If you want further clarification it may be best to just call up the admissions department at that uni just to confirm.
yep it happens sometimes. i know someone who got into an AAA law course at an RG university with ABB. likewise i know someone who got into the BA History course at the RG southampton university with DDC.
Original post by ed98
Hi just a quick question.

I'm going through the courses that are in clearing at the moment just in case results day doesn't go as planned. However I've noticed for one course that I'm interested in the entry requirements are much lower than normal. The normal entry requirements for this course are AAA - AAB but ucas is advertising the entry requirements as ABB - BBB.

It seems like a big drop, especially for AAA requirements to drop to BBB. Is it a mistake on the part of UCAS or does this seem normal for clearing?

Thanks.

There is always a range of grades advertised for offers on any university website throughout the year and the lower offers are reserved for contextual offers or non-standard applicants. Always assume the higher one is the standard one.

Quick Reply

Latest