The Student Room Group

Should I ask this girl out?

Basically, I am a 16 year old boy. There is this girl I really like, we may be going to the same sixth form. The problem I have is that I am really introverted and I am scared that she will say no as im not sure whether she likes me and I am worried other people will find out and treat me differently if she says no. What should I do?
Original post by Anonymous
Basically, I am a 16 year old boy. There is this girl I really like, we may be going to the same sixth form. The problem I have is that I am really introverted and I am scared that she will say no as im not sure whether she likes me and I am worried other people will find out and treat me differently if she says no. What should I do?

How well do you know her? How much have you interacted with her in the past?

I know what you mean by not wanting people to find out or make things awkward or different or face some kind of humiliation. But you have to tell no one on your end, and if everyone else finds out then you know that it was her talking about it and in that case if it didn't work out then.. :dontknow:

You have to work on maximising your chances of success through ... being around her and interacting with her, flirting and all of that stuff.
Original post by Anonymous

If other people find out and treat you differently, that says a lot more about them than you. In fact I'd say it was a blessing in disguise as you'll learn not to befriend or associate yourself with people like that.
Do you share any lessons with her? If you do try to get closer with her there, message her asking about something in that lesson or if you missed that lesson ask her what you guys covered. Then by doing that slowly divert the conversation to something less school related eg a hobby, what she got up to on the weekend, basically anything! Then ask her out. Count to 3 and ask her out, like pulling of a plaster. If you draw this out it'll be more confusing and painful for you, just ask her out, then if she says yes great!! If she says no, that's fine you know now she doesn't see you like that and you can move on with your life
There's no harm in just asking, if you do really like her and you think she might say yes then go for it :smile:

If it doesn't work out then it's not your fault, if anyone talks to you differently, they really aren't worth knowing.

If you don't do it, you might lose your chance, so go for it. You never know, she could be feeling the same way :smile:
Reply 4
I know her a little. We talk on whatsapp, normally I am just answering her questions or helping her with homework.

We have had most lessons together. But even if I do go to the same sixth form as her it is unlikely that we will not be in any of the same classes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending