The Student Room Group

Are women really turned off by virgins?

So I am about to turn 24...I am moreover a kissless virgin. This has never really troubled me as most of my friends are aware about this ‘astounding actuality’.

I am not asexual; but I must acknowledge that sex has never really interested me. Sure I have done PMO like most guys; but I haven’t done it for six months now and expectantly forever.

At any rate; on Reddit I have read how a guy was dumped by a girl when he 'confessed' to her that he is still a virgin. This and other stuff I have read triggered me to start this discussion and ask: Would a woman really be turned off by a virgin?

I am a Nigerian born Muslim; but religion and heritage does absolutely not play a role in my option. Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question; but looking forward to some constructive and mature female contribution(male; too).
It wouldn't bother me in the slightest in fact i would to say, i'm also a 24 year old virgin too. Asexual recently discovered that. Tbh I guess she dumped him, because for quite a lot of people sex is important. Also she could of been looking for something casual. Or more likely these days people have sex very early in a relationships or even before starting a relationship.Living in a hookup or highly sexualised culture these things happen alot more often.Maybe for those who have sex they may not want the added pressure and or responsiblity .Additionally, sex for the majority helps establish whether the realtionship is moving in the right direction. Or whether thats the right person. I know a lot of virgins or people who just don't care about virginity. You just have to meet someone on your level.Maybe someone who doesn't value sex as a must or soon as possible. Not all women are like this. I mist add reddit isn't always a great reflection on things.
My female best friend is very open about all of this stuff and her issue is not with the lack of experience itself, but with the personality type that a lack of experience brings. A lot of people have massively varying views on sex, with some believing it to be an amazing emotional experience and others believing it to be simply a physical pleasure and nothing more.
Some people may not want to be with a virgin because it may convey a certain shyness, which is not to some people's taste. On the other hand, some women may seek it out!

Essentially, with all issues with this, you can't really say whether women are - as a whole - turned off by this. It's just a case of finding the right person.
Reply 3
Just like some men are k-heads, so are some women.

Not all women will be put off by that. It's not like "experience" ever guarantees great sex. Even with a non-virgin you still need to ask for what you like. Personally I've found the least experienced can be one of the best..because they just want to explore everywhere not hop straight to the main event.
Original post by Anonymous
So I am about to turn 24...I am moreover a kissless virgin. This has never really troubled me as most of my friends are aware about this ‘astounding actuality’.

I am not asexual; but I must acknowledge that sex has never really interested me. Sure I have done PMO like most guys; but I haven’t done it for six months now and expectantly forever.

At any rate; on Reddit I have read how a guy was dumped by a girl when he 'confessed' to her that he is still a virgin. This and other stuff I have read triggered me to start this discussion and ask: Would a woman really be turned off by a virgin?

I am a Nigerian born Muslim; but religion and heritage does absolutely not play a role in my option. Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question; but looking forward to some constructive and mature female contribution(male; too).

I have actually heard of the opposite as it the fetish for taking virginities
my brother's on-off ex was like that hence why she is now ex
Original post by Anonymous

If she's a virgin as well: no
If she's not a virgin: yes
Yes, nobody who is a virgin has ever had sex. Fact.
Some women will be, some women won't. It's the latter you want to be meeting. :smile:
It really just depends on the woman, some are bothered by it, some aren't. Some just don't care.

If you meet the right person though then it won't matter, because they will accept you for who you are no matter what.
What on earth no we're not turned off just because a guy is a virgin there'd have to be other stuff about him to turn me off being a virgin is not important
I doubt most girls would care, liek anything you'll get a few who are difficult about it but most won't be bothered
Reply 11
Women collectively? its an individual thing. if sex is a big deal to her or she childish then she will probably make a big deal out of it.

but the respectful, sensible types won't care. if she likes you for you then she won't care. in fact if i really liked a guy and he told me he was a virgin i would love the fact that i was his only one!
It wouldn't bother me at all. I'd get to teach him a few things :smile:
Original post by Ella-keturah
It wouldn't bother me at all. I'd get to teach him a few things :smile:

I think most people actually share this view, male or female. So long as you have a realistic view regarding sex and try to see it from the other person's point of view too (whether they believe it to be held in high regard or not usually) then they should be open to it.

Quick Reply

Latest