The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Cheap accommodations for Queen Mary students?

I've heard a lot of good things about the Bow Area, but I don't want to apply for a loan and the flats I've seen there seem a bit too "well off". I'd also prefer not to flatshare, because I seriously need my privacy and quiet time.

I was hoping people here had suggestions for me, with budget and isolation in mind. Is Bow Area more affordable than it seems? I tried looking up prices online and could only find "buy a flat upfront" options instead of the being able to just rent one for a year. Am I going about it the wrong way?

Thanks in advance!
Well what's your budget? It's going to be hard if not impossible to find an affordable flat that isn't a flatshare.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
There's a double-bed room going right by uni if you need accommodation? Less than 10 minute walk to uni and also very reasonably priced, based on my experience house hunting in the areas around QM
Reply 3
Original post by apocacryptic
There's a double-bed room going right by uni if you need accommodation? Less than 10 minute walk to uni and also very reasonably priced, based on my experience house hunting in the areas around QM

That sounds great! Do you have a link to it please? Thank you!
https://www.gumtree.com/p/flats-houses/flat-share-for-queen-mary-students-beautiful-victorian-house-10-mins-from-uni/1182295776

£165 a week. Please let me know if there's any questions you've got about the place. Or about the area as I just completed my first year at QM :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by apocacryptic
https://www.gumtree.com/p/flats-houses/flat-share-for-queen-mary-students-beautiful-victorian-house-10-mins-from-uni/1182295776

£165 a week. Please let me know if there's any questions you've got about the place. Or about the area as I just completed my first year at QM :smile:

Thanks! But that says it's a flat share property. Is it really? Did you stay there?
Original post by cs48
Thanks! But that says it's a flat share property. Is it really? Did you stay there?

Yeah it really is. I was meant to be the 4th person but I've decided to stay at home instead since I don't live too far away. The price is slightly flexible since I know the other people who are going to live there. Also the price should have been written as £160 actually.

I went there to view the place before we put down the holding fee so I've been in the house and have got all the details about the place.It's so convenient if you study at Queen Mary. I can even arrange the estate agent to give you a viewing if you can make it to London?If you've got any questions about the place or area, just ask :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending