The Student Room Group

Ran a red light

I ran a red light today, only by seconds but I still did it! It was at the traffic lights by tesco extra on western avenue and I google the set of traffic lights and I've noticed further down the road for the other set of traffic lights (roughly 200 yards) there was a pole with a grey camera box Im assuming it's a traffic light camera it was quite dark but nothing flashed I'm panicking so much I've only had my licence for a few months!
This is the exact camera that was there image.jpg
(edited 7 years ago)
Often you'll get away with it, otherwise it ends up being something like a £60 fine and 3 points on your license
The things people worry about nowadays...
Original post by Bananapeeler
Often you'll get away with it, otherwise it ends up being something like a £60 fine and 3 points on your license

Fine should be more like ten times that
Reply 4
Original post by Bananapeeler

I'm worried about the grey camera box further down the road, if it didn't flash am I in the clear?
Original post by scrotgrot
Fine should be more like ten times that

Nah the maximum penalty is £1000, which almost never happens. Usually you'll get a fixed penalty notice which is what i was talking about - basically stop worrying you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 6
Usually you see the flash even if its broad daylight, its like lightning striking your car ensuring dark doom passes through your soul for breaking the law.

Anyway, I think you're in the clear. Lucky though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending