The Student Room Group

Nose piercing fell out help!!!

So a day ago my nose stud fell out while cleaning it and I couldnt put titanium stud back in as it is a corkscrew nose stud so i replaced it with a sterling silver one. It had been 4 weeks since my nose was pierced and i think it may be infected as there is the smallest amount of pus but what is worrying is a little raised bump which kind of looks like a small headless pimple and doesn't hurt, so what could it be?

So i was wondering whether i should change my nose stud back to a titanium one because apparently sterling silver causes it to discolour or whether i should just leave it?
Original post by Dilz53
So a day ago my nose stud fell out while cleaning it and I couldnt put titanium stud back in as it is a corkscrew nose stud so i replaced it with a sterling silver one. It had been 4 weeks since my nose was pierced and i think it may be infected as there is the smallest amount of pus but what is worrying is a little raised bump which kind of looks like a small headless pimple and doesn't hurt, so what could it be?

So i was wondering whether i should change my nose stud back to a titanium one because apparently sterling silver causes it to discolour or whether i should just leave it?

If pus is coming out of it, do your best to keep it clean and then you might want to get it looked at just incase there is an infection.
Reply 2
Would the sterling silver cause a problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dilz53
Would the sterling silver cause a problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The problem isn't that it's silver. The problem is that it probably wasn't sterile.
Reply 4
So would it be okay to let it heal with sterling silver because apparently it leaves a black mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dilz53
So would it be okay to let it heal with sterling silver because apparently it leaves a black mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why take the risk? As above, get it looked at.
Reply 6
I think i will thanks :yes:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
There’s no reason to agressivly force it through. Take a very hot shower and allow you pores to open a significant bit...hang out in there for at least 10 minuets! My nose stud fell out while I was sleeping and it was really scary because when I woke up in the middle of the night...I had no idea how long it had been out. I remember that the girl who pierced my nose saying to try this if the stud accidentally fell out. I was in the shower for a couple minutes then gentle pushed it through...didn’t hurt a bit...just naturally went back in! Good luck!
Can not find my nose earing and don't know what to use for the night so it doesn't close
Reply 9
Original post by aglint
There’s no reason to agressivly force it through. Take a very hot shower and allow you pores to open a significant bit...hang out in there for at least 10 minuets! My nose stud fell out while I was sleeping and it was really scary because when I woke up in the middle of the night...I had no idea how long it had been out. I remember that the girl who pierced my nose saying to try this if the stud accidentally fell out. I was in the shower for a couple minutes then gentle pushed it through...didn’t hurt a bit...just naturally went back in! Good luck!

Mine fell out like 3 hrs ago and I can’t get it back in. It is currently alsmot 4:00am where I am and I can’t just get up and try this hot shower method... if I tried it in the moring do you think it would still work?? Or the amount of time between me sleeping tonight trying the shower method in the morning around 12 it would be closed up? Should I just go back to my piercer tomorrow and see if they can repierce it instead?
Reply 10
Hi there,
This happened to me the other year. Lokely my nose is thicc so I was alrigt but i can imagine it being pretty bad for you. Jokes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending