The Student Room Group

Arabic

Hi
Anyone who has done Arabic GCSE and can give me a hand? I am going to go into yr11 in September, I have been learning Arabic since yr7 or8 and it is not my first language. Urdu is. I have been doing listening papers bit I find some of the questions hard because i don't understand them. I am already doing eleven GCSEs and I want to drop it. Any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by rosepower
Hi
Anyone who has done Arabic GCSE and can give me a hand? I am going to go into yr11 in September, I have been learning Arabic since yr7 or8 and it is not my first language. Urdu is. I have been doing listening papers bit I find some of the questions hard because i don't understand them. I am already doing eleven GCSEs and I want to drop it. Any advice?

In addition, my teacher has told me to print the script out,translate it then do the listening which takes out the whole idea of listening to the extract
Hi

I just finished yr 11 , and just done the GCSE EDEXCAL 2016 EXAM. What do you need help with?:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by PrincessBO$$
I just finished yr 11 , and just done the GCSE EDEXCEL 2016 EXAM. What do you need help with?:smile:

I guess the main problem is that i don't understand the language in listening papers and in reading i can't answer the questions unless i translate the text. My teacher has said to translate the listening from the script but that takes out the whole idea of listening. I was thinking to drop it if my parents let me, because it is stressful with 11 other gcses
I guess the main problem is that i don't understand the language in listening papers and in reading i can't answer the questions unless i translate the text. My teacher has said to translate the listening from the script but that takes out the whole idea of listening. I was thinking to drop it if my parents let me, because it is stressful with 11 other gcses

Im sorry but you cannot do the exam if you dont understand the language well. Arabic is my 3rd language, and im ok at it. Listening is my favourite paper. However, even for me the audio was soo fast in the last 10 mark question. I missed two questions :redface: However im still predicted a very good grade:biggrin: If you think the subject isnt for you and is stressful, tell your parents please, and drop the subject. It may affect your other 11 GCSEs:redface:
Hope i was of good help :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Im sorry but you cannot do the exam if you dont understand the language well. Arabic is my 3rd language, and im ok at it. Listening is my favourite paper. However, even for me the audio was soo fast in the last 10 mark question. I missed two questions :redface: However im still predicted a very good grade:biggrin: If you think the subject isnt for you and is stressful, tell your parents please, and drop the subject. It may affect your other 11 GCSEs:redface:
Hope i was of good help :smile:

So you've known Arabic since you were young! It would be a waste of the two years and my teacher would get upset
So you've known Arabic since you were young! It would be a waste of the two years and my teacher would get upset

Im Somali. However i have been learning arabic since yr 2. But despite this my speaking still has flaws :colondollar:
Idk girl its your choice :/
Reply 7
Reply 8

Is that all the Arabic you know

I know what Alif Lahm Meem means :wink:

no I can read the quran
Reply 11
Original post by AdeptDz
no I can read the quran

mashallah
mashallah

😃; I Don't understand It though, unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by AdeptDz
😃; I Don't understand It though, unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile

Neither do I, I don't know how I am going to do Arabic GCSE
Neither do I, I don't know how I am going to do Arabic GCSE

Good luck 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi

Well, then drop it. Easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest