The Student Room Group

EU students: When did you book your flights to the UK?

Hey everybody!

I wanted to book my flight but since a return flight is cheaper than a one way flight I'd like to know when or if you booked a flight back? It's difficult to plan a year ahead.
Do you travel to your country during Christmas break? :smile:
The safest time for a return flight would be last day of exam period plus about a week, gives you enough time to celebrate end of exams with people then do a couple of day trips and relax before going back home.

Most people I know who are also from Europe either go back during Christmas or go travelling for a week or so.
Reply 2
Original post by Helloworld_95
The safest time for a return flight would be last day of exam period plus about a week, gives you enough time to celebrate end of exams with people then do a couple of day trips and relax before going back home.

Most people I know who are also from Europe either go back during Christmas or go travelling for a week or so.

Thanks! :smile: Alright, the end of the exam week is on May 6, but if I had to do a resit the exam week would start on June 24. Do most students travel back after the first exam week or after the second? In between there's vacation.
Original post by sami2k16
Thanks! :smile: Alright, the end of the exam week is on May 6, but if I had to do a resit the exam week would start on June 24. Do most students travel back after the first exam week or after the second? In between there's vacation.

Well you generally avoid resits so go home after the first one as you shouldn't need to have a second exam week. If you do you'll likely save more from living at home for the 6 weeks than you'll pay for the extra flights.
Reply 4
Original post by Helloworld_95
Well you generally avoid resits so go home after the first one as you shouldn't need to have a second exam week. If you do you'll likely save more from living at home for the 6 weeks than you'll pay for the extra flights.

Quick Reply

Latest