Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

PGCE with a masters...what about sf funding?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I'm currently doing a masters. I was wondering would I still be able to get government funding if I wanted to do a PGCE after even though I've already done a masters?

    Thanks guys.

    I think so. I was told by my training provider that you could still get funded even if you already have a postgraduate qualification as teaching is exempt from the 'not done a higher qualification already' rule. I didn't have to go that route in the end as I got a salaried place so I can't confirm.

    Yes, you would be eligible for funding via student finance and any bursaries available for your subject too.

    I have a Masters degree and I have been approved for finance. You can also get finance for courses funded by the NHS such as Nursing and Radiography, and Social Work.

    The NHS will stop funding Radiography degrees starting next year (2017). Could be the same for Nursing and Social Work. So that is one career path blocked for me.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.