The Student Room Group

Personal Statement

Okay, so I'm in year 11, waiting for my GCSE results. I've seen some advice which say start your personal statement early?

How early is 'early'? like can I start after results day or do I have to start in year 12? I don't even know what you put in it, but I'm bored and want to do something (not revise, already revised a bit)
Original post by AdeptDz
Okay, so I'm in year 11, waiting for my GCSE results. I've seen some advice which say start your personal statement early?

How early is 'early'? like can I start after results day or do I have to start in year 12? I don't even know what you put in it, but I'm bored and want to do something (not revise, already revised a bit)

I don't think there's any need to start now. By the time you write it, you should hopefully have a few more things to mention on there. It's way too early right now imo.
Honestly its way too early! from the end of year 11 to the end of year 12 a lot happens and sometimes things don't always go according to plan (e.g grades may not go the way you wanted, you might gain extra things to put it, might change career plan etc). I would say to start planning it once you finished year 12 and then properly plan/write after you get your AS results.
Original post by AdeptDz

What subject are you aiming for currently?
Reply 4
Maths and statistics
or
Statistics and Finance
Reply 5
Original post by LPauling
What subject are you aiming for currently?

Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Biology
Original post by AdeptDz
Maths and statistics
or
Statistics and Finance

Well see if you can get work experience at an accountants or things like subject reps at school or some kind of maths club? Just think if I am going to write this what would I like to include and try and get experience doing it
Reply 7
Original post by usycool1
I don't think there's any need to start now. By the time you write it, you should hopefully have a few more things to mention on there. It's way too early right now imo.

okay thanks for the reply :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by LPauling
Well see if you can get work experience at an accountants or things like subject reps at school or some kind of maths club? Just think if I am going to write this what would I like to include and try and get experience doing it

Yh good advice, i was thinking of tutoring maths GCSE to the younger years after school, i also will apply for internships and insight days at investment banks.
Don't know what else to do
Reply 9
Original post by starburst12
Honestly its way too early! from the end of year 11 to the end of year 12 a lot happens and sometimes things don't always go according to plan (e.g grades may not go the way you wanted, you might gain extra things to put it, might change career plan etc). I would say to start planning it once you finished year 12 and then properly plan/write after you get your AS results.

Yeh i agree with what you said

Quick Reply

Latest