The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Do I need an A* in maths at GCSE to do economics at LSE?

I am a GCSE student who is predicted 8 A* and 4 A grades for GCSE. Unfortunately, I do not think I got l got the A* I wanted in Maths. I am dreaming of doing Economics at LSE. Do I need an A* at GCSE in Maths to do Economics at LSE, despite getting maybe 8 or so A* in other subjects? Of course, A Levels still have a bigger role to play but I really want to hit the ground running!
As long as you are aiming for an A* at A2, I doubt they will hold it against you.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by dp00
I am a GCSE student who is predicted 8 A* and 4 A grades for GCSE. Unfortunately, I do not think I got l got the A* I wanted in Maths. I am dreaming of doing Economics at LSE. Do I need an A* at GCSE in Maths to do Economics at LSE, despite getting maybe 8 or so A* in other subjects? Of course, A Levels still have a bigger role to play but I really want to hit the ground running!

Once you get to A2 level, universities don't give a s*** about your GCSEs. Of course, if they're in a position with another applicant applying with identical circumstances, then any academic advantage is preferable. Just do your best in sixthform and I'm sure you'll have a shot at LSE. Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending