The Student Room Group

sports that aren't in the olympics but should be

Are there any sports you can think of that aren't in the Olympics but should be something like Octopush or off piste skiing down hill mountain biking for example

Scroll to see replies

Squash
F1
Powerlifting?
Reply 4
cricket and lacrosse
Reply 5
I feel like there are too many sports tbh. Football, golf, rugby should be removed since the Olympic gold medal isn't the highest achievement for that sport. The same applies to tennis but tennis at the Olympics has been improving recently so we should keep it.
Original post by umar39
cricket and lacrosse

yeah those two for sure.
Original post by Legendstatusxoxo
F1

I can just see it Hamilton racing at Interlargos for Olympic F1 gold.
imo there are more sports that shouldn't be in the summer olympics than should. I'd prefer it was just a union of athletics, swimming, cycling, gymnastics, racket and combat sports. No ball sports (not even water polo :lol:)
Jousting
benchball :wink:
Original post by Trapz99
I feel like there are too many sports tbh. Football, golf, rugby should be removed since the Olympic gold medal isn't the highest achievement for that sport. The same applies to tennis but tennis at the Olympics has been improving recently so we should keep it.

I'd say an olympic gold medal carries quite alot of worth for tennis players, perhaps level with a grand slam (if just below then its still bigger than a masters)
Original post by LifeIsFine
I'd say an olympic gold medal carries quite alot of worth for tennis players, perhaps level with a grand slam (if just below then its still bigger than a masters)

No I definitely wouldn't say it's on par with a Gland Slam.
Original post by Trapz99

I agree but i do like tennis so as you say keep that what would you replace them with?
Original post by jonathanemptage
I agree but i do like tennis so as you say keep that what would you replace them with?

I wouldn't replace them with anything. There are too many sports in the olympics and that kinda ruins the prestige in my opinion.
Original post by Trapz99
No I definitely wouldn't say it's on par with a Gland Slam.

but still bigger than a masters, right? IMO if a player wants to truly, unequivocally be called the greatest of all time, the olympic gold medal has to be achieved (best example is S.Williams here) .There are 4 grand slams every year, but there is one Olympic gold medal every 4 years, so id say its still very, very important.

Spoiler

Any objections to dodgeball???
Rex Kwon Do
Playing Tig/ You're it or Stuck in the Mud
Reply 19
sleeping

Quick Reply

Latest