Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Problem with certifying my documents

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi im an italian student, in october I'll begin my first year of university at Durham.

    I have applied for a tuition fee loan, but i'm having some problems.

    First of all, I already applied in may, but i received a letter saying that I applied to early.
    In mid july, I phoned Student Finance asking if I should apply again or if they could use the application I already sent. They told me that i only needed to send the 2016/2017 form again, because they had kept my documents and that there were no problems with them.
    So I proceeded to do this.

    Now I have received a letter saying that SF is unable to process my application because the person certifying my documents is not an acceptable occupation (city council employee).

    1) They told me that there was no problem with my documents, and now there are. I just followed the instructions they gave me by phone, so ... what should i do ?

    2) A city council employee is the only person that can certify my documents for the italian law, and I cannot ask another person to do so because that would be illegal, how should i proceed then ?


    Hi WillingFox

    When you initially sent the documents, we would not have been able to process them so the assessor would not check they are acceptable.

    If you do not have anyone else to certify the evidence, you can send the original passport or ID card.

Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 9, 2016
Would you rather find
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.