The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 1
Trunkers
Hey im heading to aspley hall this sept, just wondering whats the atmosphere there like? and if its any good for freshers? iam getting kinda worried that il end up there with hardly any others from my year.

Hey!! i dont know what the atmospher is like but i should say it will be brill!!hpefully!!:biggrin: i'm gonna be goin to aspley halls this sep aswell do uy know what room your in yet??
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
no i havent got my room number yet, hopefully they will throw all the first years in the same rooms together, should be awsome. What are you studying?
Reply 3
Trunkers
no i havent got my room number yet, hopefully they will throw all the first years in the same rooms together, should be awsome. What are you studying?

I'm in like block G on the ground floor in big aspley you in little or big aspley?? but they said it was all first years in my flat so i doubt they'd put you in with 3rd years so don't worry bout it!!:smile: i'm gonna be studying drama what about you??
i think they do generally put the same year people in flats together :smile: to be honest i didnt think it was that good for freshers (even though i was a second year), they did have a drinks thing at a local bar, but i didnt go to that so i cant say if it was good or not! storthes is generally better because theres more people, more space and more things to do. but if you find aspley boring just hop on the storthes bus and see whats happening there :biggrin:
Aspley is a good place to live I lived there for my second year but defo i would sooooooooooo stay at storthes if you want the proper freshers life Storthes Hall is the place to live for your first year Aspley or the others in town for your second and third year.
Reply 6
OH no!!! feel like i've made a huge mistake now going for aspley! have i?? :eek:
no not at all!! :biggrin: it might not be quite as good as storthes for freshers, but after a while youll be glad that you dont have to wait for ages for a bus to go to and from storthes. especially on the first day of uni, when the queue to get there in the morning takes about 40 mins and then you end up walking into a lecture theatre with 100 people looking at you as you walk in :wink: which is exactly what happened to me and several others lol aspley is much better really, just lacking the atmosphere of storthes. oh and the rooms in aspley are tons better than the ones in storthes as well.
it cant be that bad, im back there this year lol :smile:
I agree aspleys better for the fact its closer but you just dont get the atmosphere of storthes i would 100% reconnmend it for the second and third years, i know freshers that have stayed at aspley and wish they'd stayed at storthes
Reply 9
lorelie's guna be commin ova to see us at storthes neway so i don't know what shes worried about!
Reply 10
awww!!! cheers danny!! i will defo b at storthes da whole time!!1st/2nd of sep nite out!!woop!!! i feel beta nw!! can't wait!!
Reply 11
lorelie im well comin with you! :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 12
Kerri-Ann
lorelie im well comin with you! :biggrin::biggrin:

lol me nd u will be gate crashin storthes!!!!:biggrin:
im going to aspley hall, am 1st yr, going to be with 5 gurls in their '2nd year':frown:
Reply 14
xloreliex
lol me nd u will be gate crashin storthes!!!!:biggrin:

haha! woo! well let me know when and we'll go crash dannys! haha :p:
Reply 15
lol just ring me up, message me on facebook/myspace (woteva!) and ill let you in the normal way..you dont need to crash the place!
Reply 16
i canny wait to moveeeee! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending