The Student Room Group

Can I do this?

Providing i get the grades for my conditional firm, is it possible to reject them and go to my insurance? Would i have to phone my insurance first and check whether they would allow me in with the grades i have achieved, then withdraw from my firm?

Thanks in advance :tongue:
Reply 1
bump
Original post by KBSc
Providing i get the grades for my conditional firm, is it possible to reject them and go to my insurance? Would i have to phone my insurance first and check whether they would allow me in with the grades i have achieved, then withdraw from my firm?

Thanks in advance :tongue:

No it isn't possible to do this - if you get your grades for your firm choice your insurance will be notified of that and will not expect you and may well have given your place to someone else. You will only be able to go to your insurance if your firm places you in clearing (can take on average 48 hours after asking on results day) and your insurance agrees to take you via clearing.

If you would RATHER go to your insurance than your firm then contact both universities NOW and ask if they can arrange for this to happen BY results day (instead of starting the conversation when it will be much more difficult to arrange). It might involve you being placed into clearing and then re-applying to your insurance (if you had spoken to them before the end of July it would have been a 30 minute job to swap them over - now it is more difficult).
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
No it isn't possible to do this - if you get your grades for your firm choice your insurance will be notified of that and will not expect you and may well have given your place to someone else. You will only be able to go to your insurance if your firm places you in clearing (can take on average 48 hours after asking on results day) and your insurance agrees to take you via clearing.

If you would RATHER go to your insurance than your firm then contact both universities NOW and ask if they can arrange for this to happen BY results day (instead of starting the conversation when it will be much more difficult to arrange). It might involve you being placed into clearing and then re-applying to your insurance (if you had spoken to them before the end of July it would have been a 30 minute job to swap them over - now it is more difficult).

damn, okay thank you. I'm a little undecided at the minute about it. I really like them both, but it is more expensive to live at my firm uni
Original post by KBSc
damn, okay thank you. I'm a little undecided at the minute about it. I really like them both, but it is more expensive to live at my firm uni

You have until Wednesday to get this sorted in a sensible way. After that there isn't likely to be time to sort it out (or after Friday universities may refuse to speak to you about your application because they will hold your results).

It is possible to do on results day - but you're relying on your insurance still having space and on your firm being cooperative - both are more likely if you speak to them before the end of Wednesday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending