The Student Room Group

Pls help

Hi I in yr 9 I have chosen German as my language for GCSE I'm in the holidays at the moment and I'm having second thoughts I've done French for 3 years and German for 1 but I know just as much about German but I'm worried becuase I will probably be the worst one in the class but if I change to French there are a lot of mixed people
Original post by 45686445
Hi I in yr 9 I have chosen German as my language for GCSE I'm in the holidays at the moment and I'm having second thoughts I've done French for 3 years and German for 1 but I know just as much about German but I'm worried becuase I will probably be the worst one in the class but if I change to French there are a lot of mixed people

If you're less comfortable with German, talk to your school asap to see what options they have available to you, in terms of dropping the subject and taking French. I wouldn't worry about how you compare to others, it's personal achievement that truly matters! Take the subject you feel you'll do the best in. Or, if you're planning on taking one of the languages further, to A-Level, then take that language. Unis and sixth-form colleges don't really care about what subjects you do, simply what you get in them, at GCSE.
Reply 2
Do you think I will be able to change them becuase I'm in the holidays and won't know who to contact
Original post by 45686445
Do you think I will be able to change them becuase I'm in the holidays and won't know who to contact

Try emailing your school. Failing that, ask your form teacher or head of year on the first day of term. It also dependson timetabling, althoguh I'm sure they'll be able to do something, provided there are spaces for French.
Reply 4
Do you know like which teacher to contact like head off careers etc

Quick Reply

Latest