The Student Room Group

Starting my own business

So, I have finally decided to venture my dream into reality. Might be because I have just graduated and I now have so much time on my hands (until I go back for postgrad)

I'm not quite sure where to start, who to speak to and what to do :albertein:. I have done my research online and all I am seeing is to write a business plan. Having looked looked into writing a business plan: it requires very fine details which I cannot provide as I don't have them myself.

I have spoken to a representative of startuploans.co.uk who suggested registering with them and they'd support me with being accepting for a loan and physical support as well. However, I am not keen with their idea because, before I look into applying for a loan, I want to know how I am going to tackle my market and what it will cost me etc.

Thus, my fellow forumners (is that even a word). Who do I approach and where do I start. For those wanting to know what my business will be.....all I can say is that it will in the food industry (no not a takeaway) with a really good twist to it which will be completely new to the UK Market.

HELP!
I'm thinking of starting a business too, I've been considering and changing my mind for over a year now.

I'm in my last year of uni so and my uni offers start-up advice free of charge so I would say check with your uni.

Also, check twitter!! Look for things like startup advice, start up UK, small business help/advice etc

Hope that helps! x
UK Business Forums might be of help too...

Why can't you come up with details anyway? You must be able to calculate fixed overheads quite quickly by looking at where you want to set up (rent/rates), the equipment needed, the insurances needed etc. And the variable costs should be fairly straight forward after some market research and business philosophy about sourcing raw materials/manufacturing produce...

Revenue streams can be identified and their worth estimated with strong market research of your target market alongside a well thought out promotional strategy...

Good luck - unfortunately it's difficult to help more with 'a food business with a twist' as you can appreciate.
Reply 3
I am also in the research stage of starting my own business. Applying for a loan would be better, apart from the interest.
I would suggest you try several methods of fund raising, such as crowd funding and also have a financial plan ready for when you apply a loan.
show your business idea will be a success, and revenue and turnover will be good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending