The Student Room Group

TV license queries - New law

Basically the law regarding TV license is changing in September. I want to ask how bbc trace my ip address If I don't have a license to watch iplayer and sent people to prosecute me. If they really trace my ip how high is the chance will they caught me?
Reply 1
Original post by jonnielovely
Basically the law regarding TV license is changing in September. I want to ask how bbc trace my ip address If I don't have a license to watch iplayer and sent people to prosecute me. If they really trace my ip how high is the chance will they caught me?

If your parents have a TV License and you watch whatever you're watching on the BBC iPlayer from your devices' own batteries (so not plugged in to the mains) you'll be covered anyway? :smile:

I'm assuming you're going to moving into halls in September?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Deyesy
whatever you're watching on the BBC iPlayer from your devices own batteries

Supposedly, they are now making it so you must have a licence number to access the website now.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Supposedly, they are now making it so you must have a licence number to access the website now.

That's absolutely ridiculous but I guess it's one way to stop people saying they're legally covered by a license when in reality, they're not.
Original post by Deyesy
That's absolutely ridiculous but I guess it's one way to stop people saying they're legally covered by a license when in reality, they're not.

I wont be watching the BBC anymore when it comes into place, i'd rather pay for Now tv and stick to watching everything on channel 4.
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle
I wont be watching the BBC anymore when it comes into place, i'd rather pay for Now tv and stick to watching everything on channel 4.

You'd actually end up in credit if you decide to do that instead of paying for a TV license which is crazy...
Reply 6
Original post by jonnielovely

The beeb have access to errthang. They have access to government powers.
Original post by Deyesy
You'd actually end up in credit if you decide to do that instead of paying for a TV license which is crazy...

I know, it really is. Especially with the BBC cutting bbc three, you dont get as much for your money anymore, i d be perfectly happy if they got adverts instead of making everyone pay so much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending