The Student Room Group

Disqualified from One A Level, Only have 2 left

Basically, I saw some sociology topic names on twitter before the exam, and i sent it to someone in private, a month later AQA contacted me saying they found out. I don't even do sociology, so they disqualified my A2 business exams. Now i have A levels only in Economics and Politics, which i expect to get an A and a B in respectively. It was a stupid mistake, which i felt i was a bit hard done by, but my college didn't want to appeal for me. I was expecting an A in Business, to meet the requirements of AAB to get into the university of Manchester for Economics and Finance. I am not quite sure what to do from here, any advice?
Original post by ismail98
Basically, I saw some sociology topic names on twitter before the exam, and i sent it to someone in private, a month later AQA contacted me saying they found out. I don't even do sociology, so they disqualified my A2 business exams. Now i have A levels only in Economics and Politics, which i expect to get an A and a B in respectively. It was a stupid mistake, which i felt i was a bit hard done by, but my college didn't want to appeal for me. I was expecting an A in Business, to meet the requirements of AAB to get into the university of Manchester for Economics and Finance. I am not quite sure what to do from here, any advice?

I am not sure you can do much to prepare. Just hope for the best come results day. I wish I could give you some advice other than just look through clearing and see if anything takes your fancy and be ready to call up unis offering clearing places just in case.
If I were you I would wait apply next year and do a new A-level. Make sure you get that third one.
Reply 3
Were the topics leaked from the exam or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest