Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Friend has stopped talking to me and I have no idea why.

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

So I became good friends with this girl online and we became good mates so we skyped, texted and it turned out our families lived near each other. Last year I was dating my ex and she used to give me advice on stuff. My ex knew her as well and would talk to her. We broke up last summer and I told her that some other guy was chasing me and she kept on saying that my ex loved me and stuff. At around October time, I realised she hadn't been replying to my messages or anything. I sent her messages over snapchat and instagram asking what was the problem and she hasn't said anything to me at all ever since. I don't know why but I'm growing desperate and am wondering why she isn't talking to me.

Any thoughts?

It's a difficult one. There could be many reasons. The reasons could be endless and you'll drive yourself mad if you go over all the possibilities.

My advice would be to send a sort of 'final' message. Explain to her how you feel, the situation and if she no longer wants to be friends then to say, so you can move on as right now you're in a limbo.

Alternatively, do you have anyone that knows her too? You mentioned an ex boyfriend, as he spoke to her, could you possibly ask him if he's heard from her?

Unfortunately sometimes in life people walk away from us, even when we feel there was no valid reason for them to do so. Which makes accepting the situation, a lot harder. But time is a great healer and you'll learn something from it.

Hope this helps and it all works out for you. All the best. H. Xx

Anyone wanna help out on mine? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4#post66803114
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.