The Student Room Group

Post-graduate medicine...any point applying?

Hi Guys!

I have ABB in chem, bio and psychology A-levels.
I gained a pharmacy scholarship after my A-levels but unfortunately I had a very hard time at university and despite everything that happened I didn't think Id even be graduating. Everything has calmed down as of last year and after finishing the 4 year masters course I only gained a 2:2.

I have have been lucky enough to have more than 8 months summer placements all together in different hospitals on top of what university gave me on the course. *I want to study medicine but its not worth applying with a 2:2 is it?

:frown:*
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Maybe you can try doing an access course or something?
Reply 2
Original post by asaaal
Hi Guys!

I gained a pharmacy scholarship after my A-levels but unfortunately I had a very hard time at university and despite everything that happened I didn't think Id even be graduating. Everything has calmed down as of last year and after finishing the 4 year masters course I only gained a 2:2.

I have have been lucky enough to have more than 8 months summer placements all together in different hospitals on top of what university gave me on the course. *I want to study medicine but its not worth applying with a 2:2 is it?

Don't you have a job or pre-reg to do? What's wrong with Pharmacy?
Reply 3
Original post by asaaal
Hi Guys!

Nottingham currently accepts students with a 2:2 onto their GEM course, as shown on their FAQs page:
https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/study/medicine/faq/a101faq.aspx

Also, Warwick will accept 'Minimum 2:1 in any subject. Or 2:2 and a Masters or Doctoral qualification'

So, you could apply to either or both of those medical schools!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending