The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by baabaablacksheep
Omg SAMEEEE

Good choice! :tongue: Do you know your accommodation yet? I'm at Talybont North.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by baabaablacksheep
Omg SAMEEEE

nice!! psych placement kids UNITE

Original post by Pedr0
I'm gonna be studying Architecture :smile: Staying at Senghennydd Court

omg you're the first person i've seen who's also staying in senghennydd court! which house did you get if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 42
I'm in house E flat 9 :smile: you?
Original post by Pedr0
I'm in house E flat 9 :smile: you?

i'm in house c flat 3~
Original post by sharna98
Is that duel screen mega machine for gaming? what do you play?

i got sorted into south, seems alright, i already accepted and sorted payment cause its coming out of my maintenance loan, im in hella debt

I use the other screen for productivity purposes, but yeah the massive tower is for gaming. Spent more than £1000 on it (probably close to £2000 considering the upgrades I've added in) so I'm not gonna be leaving it behind to collect dust. Currently going through No Man's Sky, pretty good game that is.

I still need to sort out payment for mine, gonna set up a student account which I'll have my maintenance go into. I just hope that they'll keep hold of my offer until Wednesday or so because I can't do anything until then.
Reply 45
what's the number for the residency office?
I'll be studying Modern Languages and Translation for the next four years. Who else is doing this course? I really haven't found anyone who's going to study this :cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:
Original post by seddonnn
what's the number for the residency office?

It says +44 (0)29 2087 4849 in the email I got from the Cardiff Residences office.
Original post by ToastiestZombie
I use the other screen for productivity purposes, but yeah the massive tower is for gaming. Spent more than £1000 on it (probably close to £2000 considering the upgrades I've added in) so I'm not gonna be leaving it behind to collect dust. Currently going through No Man's Sky, pretty good game that is.

I still need to sort out payment for mine, gonna set up a student account which I'll have my maintenance go into. I just hope that they'll keep hold of my offer until Wednesday or so because I can't do anything until then.

they keep the offer for 7 days, just letting you know

ohh i just play sooo much league of legends
[QUOTE=aquamelon;67068066]actually my accommodation was assigned today! i didn't get my first choice (which... i don't actually remember haha) but i got senghennydd court. how about you?
Hey! I'm in Senghennydd court, house C flat 1!!
☺️🎉
Original post by xNiall
I'm studying Computer Science this year and staying in Senghenydd Court (I'm in House B, Ground Floor, Flat 1, Room 2, let me know if you're in the same one :P), can't wait, just been looking online to try and find people who are studying/living with me so I can break the ice early. :-)

Hey!! I'm in Senghennydd court, house C, flat 1! 🎉
Reply 51
anyone know anything about when you have to get your wristband for the paper parties stuff? I'm holding off on buying one cuz I'm not gonna be arriving in Cardiff till the 18th of September and I think it specifies on the paper parties page that you need to get a wristband before the fortnight starts (which will be on the 18th)
Im studying joint honours accounting and management, switched from maths last year. You can get someone else to pick up your wristband or get it on the night of the first event usually
I'm from Morocco and I'll be studying architecture, I don't know yet where I'll be placed but I hope to be in Senghennydd Hall
Reply 54
Original post by charliealiciaa
Im studying joint honours accounting and management, switched from maths last year. You can get someone else to pick up your wristband or get it on the night of the first event usually

Ty :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by Cloudylemons
Another mechanical engineer here! Gonna stay in Liberty Cambrian Point which is kinda private accommodation but I applied through uni, what about you? :smile:

Wow so lucky you. I'm still searching. I applied late for the university residence because I was thinking of staying in private one at first. But had to apply for the university's last minute because still haven't found any room yet :frown:
Studying English Literature, haven't been allocated a room yet though.
When does everyone actually move in? It says my course starts on the 19th but I haven't seen anything about when Freshers week starts or anything.
Original post by elscorchoo
When does everyone actually move in? It says my course starts on the 19th but I haven't seen anything about when Freshers week starts or anything.

I'm moving in on the 14th, don't know when Freshers week starts though
Reply 58
Original post by elscorchoo

I'm going to be moving in on the 18th. You can collect your room key anytime from the 14th to 1pm on the 18th (check the website tho)
Fresher's week stuff starts on the 18th (Paper Parties) or the 14th (SU), and I think the week beginning the 19th is just enrolment week so there's no actual lectures or whatever going on, but i'm not entirely sure of that
Original post by LaylaDavs
Hey!! I'm in Senghennydd court, house C, flat 1! 🎉

I believe i am in the same flat as you. You on the ground floor as well?

Quick Reply

Latest