The Student Room Group

2017 School leavers

Hi, I just thought that I was create this forum for anyone thinking of applying for a 2017 school leaver job, with any questions especially PwC, Deloitte KPMG...etc though any leaver program from any company is welcome! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

have pwc opened their 2017 applications?

i went on their web but couldn't find any
Reply 2
Are the PWC and EY assessments hard? Where can I practcie their online tests?
Also, anyone know the kind of questions they ask in interview?
Reply 3
Original post by yusuf_777
Hi,

have pwc opened their 2017 applications?

i went on their web but couldn't find any

Hi,

I've checked a couple times, and they do have a couple positions open, but these are all for Northern Ireland. I think they open more positions later in September so just keep checking!! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by LSl4
Are the PWC and EY assessments hard? Where can I practcie their online tests?
Also, anyone know the kind of questions they ask in interview?

Hi,

Sorry I'm afraid I won't be much help with questions about the assessments or past interview questions as I'm actually looking to apply myself this year! I suggest looking at past forums and see what comes up.

In regards to online tests, there are free resources online so I suggest typing into google, practice assessment tests and go through the sites that come up. Assessmentday.co.uk has good tests to practice. Also the company sites often have practice questions as examples such as PWC and KPMG so just have a good look around!

Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by pinkie2999
Hi, I just thought that I was create this forum for anyone thinking of applying for a 2017 school leaver job, with any questions especially PwC, Deloitte KPMG...etc though any leaver program from any company is welcome! :smile:

I'm thinking of applying. Which big4 are you looking to join?? And are you planning to apply to uni alongside?
Hoping for PwC here. Did Business Insight Week so I've got a fast-track to assessment centre. Really hope it goes well! Don't really fancy university at the moment
Reply 7
Original post by lifeimitates
I'm thinking of applying. Which big4 are you looking to join?? And are you planning to apply to uni alongside?

I am applying for pwc and deloitte as these are the only firms that do the management consulting program that I want to do, but I'm also thinking of applying to BDO to do risk advisory? No I not applying to uni alongside because the one thing I'm 100% sure of is not going to uni!
Hi,
I just got an offer for KPMG school leavers program 2017. Happy to help with any question regarding that!
Original post by duchess wendy
Hi,
I just got an offer for KPMG school leavers program 2017. Happy to help with any question regarding that!

Hi, when did you have your first round interview and may I ask what you're applying to do? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by accountinggo
Hi, when did you have your first round interview and may I ask what you're applying to do? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where you're applying to**

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, i had my first round interview in january and I applied for audit school leavers program.
Where you're applying to**

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied to the london office/ durham but they've stopped the partnership with durham uni. so i got into london office/birmingham university
Applied to KPMG Audit School Leaver, EY School Leaver, and PWC School Leaver (Flying Start). Have gotten through to the first stage interview and is on 16th November in KPMG (fast tracked possibly due to me doing the Discovery programme earlier), just completed online tests for EY, and have been invited to Assessment Centre for PWC on the 28th November!
Reply 14
Hi,

Hi, congratulations!!
Could you please give provide an insight into your first round interview. E.g. an outline of your day, the activities you completed and also some questions asked in your interview. This would be really useful as I am currently waiting for my first round interview date. Thanks
Original post by gurrie_
Hi, congratulations!!
Could you please give provide an insight into your first round interview. E.g. an outline of your day, the activities you completed and also some questions asked in your interview. This would be really useful as I am currently waiting for my first round interview date. Thanks

I was asked mostly about examples. E.g. a time when i worked as part of a team, a time when i couldn't meet up with a deadline and what did i do? Things like. Just have examples ready for each of the competency skills because they asked me questions to assess all the skills both in first and final interview. Also know about the role you are applying for and about KPMG. Read the annual report it should help you but you dont have to cram it, just pick out some information that interest you. I was also asked what my career aspirations was in the next 10 years or so. Finally for the intray excercise just practice doing timed tests. I struggled in this bit and its mostly because of the limited time. You have to plan a project given certain information and data. This is all i can remember because i did mine last year but i hope it helps.
Goodluck
Reply 16
I was asked mostly about examples. E.g. a time when i worked as part of a team, a time when i couldn't meet up with a deadline and what did i do? Things like. Just have examples ready for each of the competency skills because they asked me questions to assess all the skills both in first and final interview. Also know about the role you are applying for and about KPMG. Read the annual report it should help you but you dont have to cram it, just pick out some information that interest you. I was also asked what my career aspirations was in the next 10 years or so. Finally for the intray excercise just practice doing timed tests. I struggled in this bit and its mostly because of the limited time. You have to plan a project given certain information and data. This is all i can remember because i did mine last year but i hope it helps.
Goodluck

Thank you so much, this helps a lot :smile:
Reply 17
Hi,

I received an email from pwc just over 1 week ago saying that I passed the assessment centre and they will be in contact to book an interview date
shortly but I haven't heard anything back yet. Does anyone have any ideas of when I should email them?

thx
Hi!
I did the PwC assessment centre, but was unsuccessful in getting through to the next round. Also, I am through to the final interview for EY and I have my Deloitte assessment centre on Tuesday. Does anyone have any advice? I'm also happy to share my experiences about EY and PwC.
Milkround have lots of PWC jobs available at the moment that you can apply for:
http://schoolleavers.milkround.com/employer/71252/pwc-school-leavers/

We've also got a few Deloitte ones too:
http://schoolleavers.milkround.com/employer/72924/deloitte-school-leavers/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending