Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Masters Postgrad loan question

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I started a part time MA last year 2015/2016 self funded however given financial strain I had to interrupt after one semester from February 2016. I am hoping to go back to Uni this September to resume the course ( 3 modules + dissertation over the next two years). However I'm still having problems self funding and not able to carry on unless I get financial help. Can I apply for the postgrad loan to resume my course? Or do I have to quit my current course and accept a new offer from a different Uni instead and then start from scratch again and apply for the loan that way?
    I want to finish my course but am stuck after my partner lost their job. I don't really want to start from the beginning again but may not have a choice. thanksJanete

    Hi janete76

    You must be a new student in 2016/2017 to be able to apply for the new postgraduate loan.

    • Thread Starter

    ok no problem I'll quit current programme and accept new offer from different Uni and start again with postgrad loan scheme.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 17, 2016
Would you rather find
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.