The Student Room Group

Are high trans suicide rates a result of discrimination or their own choices?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/08/16/transgender-individuals-face-high-rates--suicide-attempts/31626633/

It's well known that transgender people have a far higher suicide rate than other groups of society. One aspect of debate is whether this is due to discrimination and prejudice against them or because they are perhaps unsatisfied with their lifestyle choice.

I personal,y think it's mainly the latter since there are many stories of' 'trans regret' where trans people come to regret transitioning or living as the opposite gender. However, one can't deny that there is a social stigma attached to being transgender- a lot of people find it a bit weird or unusual and may refuse to be friends or converse with a transgender.
Neither. Trans people are crazy. Their desires in life are not a choice but they are inherently impossible to fulfil. Depression is almost inevitable.
I would say it's because they will never be satisfied in themselves.
Reply 3
I think it's down to regret, depression, or other psychological conditions not directly accumulated as a result of discrimination, but instead by facing the reality of biology.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending