The Student Room Group

Maintainance loan

Hi im 36 mum to 4 kids under 11, i live with my partner of 19yrs. He earned £34g last yr. basic salary is £27g.

Im due to start a 4 year foundation degree and have applied for main-loan to help with childcare fees/living exp and i need some things for starting the course.

I got an email today saying iv been awarded £3821. To be paid in 3 installments. Im confused as the online calculator on gov said i would get a bit more so i wasnt worried about childcare fees, now i am.

It seems the £3821 is based in a salary of £64g!!!!

It also said this

(To make sure you get some student finance in time for starting your course we've automatically assessed you for finance that doesn't depend on your household income.Keep track of your application by checking your account.We'll contact you by post once your application has been approved.You need to re-apply for student finance each year.)

Im confused not sure what it all means. As its late im now really worrying about the loan. I hope somebody can help.

My partner only got £34g incl overtime last yr. i dont work and we have no other income.

Jayne
Original post by Jaynex4MacD
Hi im 36 mum to 4 kids under 11, i live with my partner of 19yrs. He earned £34g last yr. basic salary is £27g.

Im due to start a 4 year foundation degree and have applied for main-loan to help with childcare fees/living exp and i need some things for starting the course.

I got an email today saying iv been awarded £3821. To be paid in 3 installments. Im confused as the online calculator on gov said i would get a bit more so i wasnt worried about childcare fees, now i am.

It seems the £3821 is based in a salary of £64g!!!!

It also said this

(To make sure you get some student finance in time for starting your course we've automatically assessed you for finance that doesn't depend on your household income.Keep track of your application by checking your account.We'll contact you by post once your application has been approved.You need to re-apply for student finance each year.)

Im confused not sure what it all means. As its late im now really worrying about the loan. I hope somebody can help.

My partner only got £34g incl overtime last yr. i dont work and we have no other income.

Jayne

The message explains - when you first apply SFE let you know that you're entitled to the basic loan amounts. SFE think this is reassuring to applicants to let them know they'll at least get *something*.

Once they assess your finance and other entitlements then your loan information will be updated and increased.
Reply 2
Thank you. Think i got myself in a right tizzy about it. I called this morning and they want me to send my partners p60.They couldnt say much but i get impression its because online he wasnt able to link with my account. Im very greatful to the offer they have proposed either way. Just have to rejiggle the budget. :smile:
Hi,
If you have been asked to send in your partners p60 then send in as soon as possible and we will re-assess the application to see what you are eligible for.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending