The Student Room Group

How old will you be when you start University?

Scroll to see replies

19, quick shoutout to my unplanned gap year.
Reply 22
20 because I spend 4 years in college lol
18. What? People can go to uni when they're 16?
Original post by dalejb1234
A good way to know a little more about TSR community... so how old will you be if you're starting University and for what course?:smile:

Me: I'm 20 and will be doing International Hsspitality Management :biggrin:

19 doing horticulture
Original post by danamesbritbritx
16 lol

Wait... What?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be 25 almost 26
21 & Modern Languages
Original post by futureteach21
Oh
I didn't know that

some take a gap year
or 3rd year at college if they don't get the grades
or post grads
20 and English lit
I'll be 17, studying English Philology :smile:
Original post by JamesN88
I'm starting next month at 27.

Although I can pass for early 20's so I don't think I'll stand out too much. :smile:

Doing us wannabe Mature University Students proud!! Well done to you! What are you going to be studying?
Original post by Philip-flop
Doing us wannabe Mature University Students proud!! Well done to you! What are you going to be studying?

Computer Science.

Slightly nervous but looking forward to it. :smile:
Computer Science.

Slightly nervous but looking forward to it. :smile:

I'm sure you'll be fine!! Age is just a number! Can I ask what you were doing beforehand and what made you decide to go to University as a mature student?
I'll be 19 :smile: I took a gap year and retook some exams. Hopefully doing Eng Lit at Leeds!
Original post by The_JoKeR
Wait... What?

:h::h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Philip-flop
I'm sure you'll be fine!! Age is just a number! Can I ask what you were doing beforehand and what made you decide to go to University as a mature student?

I was flogging insurance in a call centre and decided it was time to go and get a proper career, I'd had enough of sales anyway.

I guess I just got complacent before as the money(c20k inc commission) was a good salary starting out at 18, but long term there was no real prospect of going anywhere with it.
My 19th birthday is 2 days before the start of freshers ^_^
18 boy
18 is the most common age straight after school, but you can go anytime(and people do) until you drop dead.

I started last year and I'm 68.

Quick Reply

Latest