The Student Room Group

Law degree with these A level subjects ?

Hello, I'm am international student currently doing my a levels (cie). I wish to pursue a law degree later on in the uk. However, I'm still often questioning about my a level combination as to whether they will help me get into uni for law. As of now, I'm doing 4 subjects,namely Maths,Economics,Law and Psychology. As a justification I took math,economics and law purely because I love these subjects. I'm aware of how A level Law are considered to be non preferable my many Uni's but I,just do not wish to drop it because I'm enjoying every single bits of it. Also, I'm doing psychology because my college does not offer History and yes it is harder than expected. So my question is whether these subject combinations can get me into the uni I wish to go (lse,ucl,king's,glasgow)
There are no required A Levels for Law, so those subjects should be fine. I'd recommend taking a look at the entry requirements for Law at each of those universities to make sure :smile:
Original post by ch98jack
Hello, I'm am international student currently doing my a levels (cie). I wish to pursue a law degree later on in the uk. However, I'm still often questioning about my a level combination as to whether they will help me get into uni for law. As of now, I'm doing 4 subjects,namely Maths,Economics,Law and Psychology. As a justification I took math,economics and law purely because I love these subjects. I'm aware of how A level Law are considered to be non preferable my many Uni's but I,just do not wish to drop it because I'm enjoying every single bits of it. Also, I'm doing psychology because my college does not offer History and yes it is harder than expected. So my question is whether these subject combinations can get me into the uni I wish to go (lse,ucl,king's,glasgow)

Well it isn't necessary to do 4 A-levels. And as it's pretty common sense to excel in 3 A-levels rather than fall doing 4 A-levels.

If you had to drop one then I recommend Law as the reason you mentioned. Unis don't like it because Law isn't taught the way Law lecturers would like.

Psychology, Economics and Maths in my opinion.
Reply 3
Thanks for the reply :smile: I am getting some similar feedbacks too, but the issue right now is that I am taking 3 subjects in my college and Maths as a private candidate. Even to their knowledge of me taking Maths as a private candidate, I will not be able to drop any subject due to their policy of hving 3 subjects as a minimum requirement. Plus, I believe uni's like UCL does accept a lvl law ? Oh ya just fyi, I will be taking a gap year and apply for uni with my A2 ( that's okay right >.> ) However, I appreciate your feedback really much, I will be sitting for my AS this nov soon and I'm still questioning my subject combination as to whether are they soft or not ( psychology and law are soft subjects right? )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending