Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Can't remember results of previous qualifications taken years ago?

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hey all,
    So I'm a mature student wanting to start an access course in order to further proceed to university. Ideally I want to apply to dentistry.

    Now I know that in your UCAS application you need to put ALL of the qualifications you have ever taken, including the ones you failed. I can't remember all of the qualifications I sat in school/college. Is there any sort of service that would allow me to look it up somehow? I have my UCI number (unique candidate identifier).

    I am told that unis can check what qualification you have ever taken. What do they use to do that? Surely there should be a way I could check myself as well?

    I'm just afraid that I will miss something out and it will work against me, as if I'm trying to hide it.

    Thanks in advance for any help!

    The schools and colleges should have records of results going back a few years. If you get no joy from them, you will need to contact the exam boards. Your school should hopefully be able to tell you which exam boards they used, even if they no longer have a record of your results. There is a fee for getting replacement certificates, but you may need these to secure a university place anyway.

    (Original post by dolphin159)
    I can't remember all of the qualifications I sat in school/college. Is there any sort of service that would allow me to look it up somehow?
    It's a bit more fundamental than that. At this stage, it's just about remembering your results. However at some point - Access entry possibly, but certainly uni entry - you will have to produce proof. Basically, "Certificates, or it didn't happen". You can be sure that nobody is going to just accept your word about your grades.

    Unis and colleges do not have access to a database of all the qualifications that everyone has taken, sorry. There is communication between organisations for those currently awaiting A Level results on results day, but nothing which goes back into the past.

    You need to contact the school/college where you first obtained your qualifications. They may be able to advise which exam board(s) you studied under. Once you have that information, you should hopefully be able to find out how to obtain replacement certificates.
    • Thread Starter

    Thanks for your replies.
    I will start getting in touch with my school and college. Hopefully they'll be able to assist.

    Bdw I know that in college I got a U in general studied. Do I need to put that on my UCAS application?
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What were/are your predicted grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.