The Student Room Group

Employment Law

Not sure if this is in the right forum.

I'm going to hand in my notice for my current job at the beginning of august, my notice is one month. I started work 04/09/2006 so it means if all goes to plan my last day will be exactly one year after I started work.

In my contract it says "Your total package value is £xx,xxx per annum plus 10 days study leave per exam to a maximum of 30 days in a year."

In June I took 3 exams so took the full 30 days study leave, will I have to pay back any of that study leave when I leave?

Cheers.
Reply 1
No, you should be fine as there will be no reduction if its been exactly an hour, doubt they would moan over a maximum of 3 days anyway if its ending nicely and you are giving full notice.
Reply 2
What makes you think you would? You're entitled to 30 days in a year and you took 30 days in a year.
Reply 3
Yeah you're right, now I've written it down it seems obvious that I won't have to. Its just a lot of people at work suggested I might have to when I told them about it.
Reply 4
Hey narb, loooog time no speak! i changed my name so you wont recognise me lol, how come you are leaving the trainee accountant job?
Reply 5
Going to Uni, might still train as an accountant part-time if I have the time.
Reply 6
ahhh cool, hehe the attraction of IB got to you? you goign to 2nd year YOrk or restarting a fresh?
Reply 7
Not going into IB and not going to York, going to Notts.

Latest

Trending

Trending