The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Adjustment and Clearing 2016

Hi everybody,

This is a thread for you to ask us any questions about our Adjustment and Clearing opportunities - we will have a number of places for passionate students who want to achieve their full potential at university.

Find out more on our Adjustment and Clearing pages, and sign up for vacancy alerts here. If you want to discover more about what it's like to be a student at York, you can also take a look at our Student Voices blog, where current students from across the University write about their experiences.

Good luck on results day :smile:

Katie
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by University of York
Hi everybody,

This is a thread for you to ask us any questions about our Adjustment and Clearing opportunities - we will have a number of places for passionate students who want to achieve their full potential at university.

Find out more on our Adjustment and Clearing pages, and sign up for vacancy alerts here. If you want to discover more about what it's like to be a student at York, you can also take a look at our Student Voices blog, where current students from across the University write about their experiences.

Good luck on results day :smile:

Katie

During Clearing, will York ever go lower than their entry requirements or does this strictly never occur? I know you won't be able to reliably answer in a general sense but I just would like to know if it is a possibility.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Do universities open their telephone lines before the results day?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Original post by antigone-
During Clearing, will York ever go lower than their entry requirements or does this strictly never occur? I know you won't be able to reliably answer in a general sense but I just would like to know if it is a possibility.

Hiya,

We can't say for certain at the moment as it depends on the results that current offer holders obtain on results day. It is possible that some courses may relax their entry requirements for committed and enthusiastic students - the best thing to do is to keep checking our website which will have the most up-to-date information.

You can always sign up for vacancy alerts, which means you'll be notified if courses you are interested in become available in clearing.

I hope that's helpful. Let me know if you have any more questions! :smile:

Katie
Original post by lnux
Do universities open their telephone lines before the results day?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hi,

Our clearing helpline will be open from 8am on results day. However, if you already know your results and would like to enquire about available courses, you can contact our admissions office on +44 (0)1904 324000.

Hope that's helpful,

Katie
I'm wondering, are the subjects on the clearing vacancy list the only subjects that may be available? I'm interested in biochemistry, or biosciences, but they are not an option, so does that mean there aren't going to be spaces?

Thank you.
Original post by Steampunk_Kitty
I'm wondering, are the subjects on the clearing vacancy list the only subjects that may be available? I'm interested in biochemistry, or biosciences, but they are not an option, so does that mean there aren't going to be spaces?

Thank you.

Hello,

At the moment, the subjects on the clearing vacancy list are the only ones that are available. However, this could change on results day, so check back on Thursday morning to make sure!

Katie :smile:
Our Adjustment and Clearing helpline is now open!

Have a look at our vacancies and call 01904 234868 to enquire about places :smile:

Katie
I have been offered a place over the phone- but I'm really worried as to how long it will take to be confirmed on track (I've added it on my clearing choice now) because I'm worried about sorting accommodation, finance e.t.c. ASAP. Any help/ indication?
Original post by emilyhaighjacobs
I have been offered a place over the phone- but I'm really worried as to how long it will take to be confirmed on track (I've added it on my clearing choice now) because I'm worried about sorting accommodation, finance e.t.c. ASAP. Any help/ indication?

Hiya,

How long it will take to confirm on track depends on the department and when you were offered your place - our admissions team are working as fast as they can!

Don't worry too much - you'll be guaranteed accommodation if you apply by Friday 29th August. You'll get an email through once your place has been confirmed giving you further details of what to do next, including Student Finance, and inviting you to a visit day next Tuesday.

It's worth remembering that students will continue to be accepted through clearing right into next week, so whilst I know you're anxious to get everything sorted now, it's really not too late.You'll have plenty of time to organise things :smile:

For the moment, try to relax and celebrate - you have a place!

Katie
Original post by University of York
Hiya,

How long it will take to confirm on track depends on the department and when you were offered your place - our admissions team are working as fast as they can!

Don't worry too much - you'll be guaranteed accommodation if you apply by Friday 29th August. You'll get an email through once your place has been confirmed giving you further details of what to do next, including Student Finance, and inviting you to a visit day next Tuesday.

It's worth remembering that students will continue to be accepted through clearing right into next week, so whilst I know you're anxious to get everything sorted now, it's really not too late.You'll have plenty of time to organise things :smile:

For the moment, try to relax and celebrate - you have a place!

Katie

Thankyou so much for that, I just got the email and waiting for track to update. I'm so happy, thankyou. x
Original post by emilyhaighjacobs
Thankyou so much for that, I just got the email and waiting for track to update. I'm so happy, thankyou. x

Hi Emily,

No problem. Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing you in September.

Katie :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending