Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Anyone studying PG Forensic Anthropology at Dundee University?

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Can anyone tell me what the course is like, location, and the option for career progression afterwards? Looking to study here but the fees are so high I'd like some student insight into what its like there.

Many thanks

Yes! I am studying here currently. The course is known as the best for good reason - it's very intense but you are getting world leading teaching, access to exclusive bone collections, and supervision from the absolute world experts in certain fields. The classes are small and entry is competitive, but it's an amazing course. It's taught right in the centre of the Dundee campus which is great, and Dundee itself is a really pretty seaside town with good links to major cities nearby like Edinburgh. Career progression is very wide: people go into academia, practicing forensic scientists, science consultant roles, etc for all sorts of firms, from government to military etc. there's a huge range because the skills are so analytical and advanced. The resources available are great and it's a really good course structure.

Like I say, it's very competitive but I can't recommend it enough!

Thanks so much for your reply! It does look like an amazing course, just concerned about the really high fees. Do you know if it's possible to get much help with funding? I understand it's tough to get onto the course so I'm trying to get as much information as possible to give myself the best chance to succeed whatever my decision.

The fees are high, that's a huge consideration, but they have to be to secure the bone collections and the world leading teaching. It's horrid having to pay them but it's so worth it in the end when you get here. There are university scholarships you can apply for, a £10,000 loan if you're a UK student, and lots of EU and US government loans available too. Funding comes from your country rather than the uni itself, but there are small scholarships the uni can give. Look at the funding page on the Dundee website and also google your own government loans for PG degrees, there's quite a bit of help available which is good Everyone on my course at the moment has a loan or grant to help with the costs. Like I say, it's a lot to fork out but it's the best of the best.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.