The Student Room Group

Event Staff interview (flair events)

So I have a job interview for event staffing with Flair Events.

Can anyone tell me about the interviewing process and/or how it is like working as bar staff at events in general, if possible could anyone tell me about working for Flair Events in particular?

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
I'm going to the interview tomorrow too.

I have no idea what to expect tomorrow. :frown:
Original post by crushedfruit
So I have a job interview for event staffing with Flair Events.

Can anyone tell me about the interviewing process and/or how it is like working as bar staff at events in general, if possible could anyone tell me about working for Flair Events in particular?

Thanks in advance.

Hey! I have an interview next week, bricking it! What was it like?
Reply 3
I have worked for Flair for a few years but my interview was over the phone and from memory was pretty basic stuff.

In terms of working there it isn't very fun at all and festivals are the worst - 13 hour shifts with one half hour break. You don't get to see any of the bands or anything like that so don't apply if you think you were going to get paid to go to a festival. The day events are much better but still not that great as some of the bar managers aren't the best- one of them got me sacked because we were on a bar where there were no customers so we had nothing to do so he told his superiors that I was lazy and moaned all day and he was also antisemitic....nice!

I'd only work for them if I literally couldn't get a job anywhere else as their pay is rubbish as well.
Reply 4
Hi Georgie, I got your pm but thought it might be best to answer here so that other people can see.

An interview with Flair events is a piece of cake. You are invited in as a group and from how I remember feeling (this was about 4 years ago mind you) I didn't have to say or do much.
However, the job is long and strenous and you literally get paid peanuts. You don't really get to watch the bands unless your bar is in a good position and its pretty slave-like. My experience was alright which I think was due to the fact that I worked with my sister and a friend and also because I served Gareth Gates, which was quite entertaining at the time!

If you have free time and want a bit of an experience, go for it. If you want decent pay and a chance to chill out and enjoy yourself then this probaby isn't the job for you. It probably does also depend on the festival also. I worked at V.

Good luck!
Reply 5
I actually called them up today to do some work for the, over Summer as I'm finding it hard to get a job with enough hours and even whoever answered their phone to me was rude, asking me why I wasn't in a better mood...had no idea who it was!

They treat their staff like such dirt just because it's casual work, as if they are the dregs of society for trying to make some extra cash
Original post by Jemma1389
I actually called them up today to do some work for the, over Summer as I'm finding it hard to get a job with enough hours and even whoever answered their phone to me was rude, asking me why I wasn't in a better mood...had no idea who it was!

They treat their staff like such dirt just because it's casual work, as if they are the dregs of society for trying to make some extra cash

I work for them, and they don't treat their staff like crap. I got paid £6 p/h to do some bar work at the Royal wedding in Hyde Park....

I wasn't even doing anything, it was quiet at the bars, so most people was just chillin having fun, so I got paid 50 pound to have fun :smile:
Reply 7
I have an interview with them today in Wolverhampton :smile:
Original post by UPPSY
I have an interview with them today in Wolverhampton :smile:

Woop

What events have you decided to work? !
Reply 9
can't do Cornbury as in Paris the day before and don't get back till late so Big Chill
and V I am just waiting to here back from them heres hoping I have enough experience so there shouldn't be a problem
Reply 10
i was at the wolves interview today aswell :smile:
have you heard from them yet?
x
Reply 11
I've worked for Flair in the past and they treat their staff well. I just had a phone interview and it was very basic - I think they've moved away from phone interviews now though. Festival work is pretty hard graft but anything else isn't too bad (the events I did were 4-6 hours and they were fine).
Reply 12
Hello Jemma,
I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience when working for Flair. However, I am thinking it can't be that bad if you have worked for us for a few years though?
It is worth mentioning that when reading the majority of reviews about Flair on the internet, they are positive and to say that our Bar Managers are not the best is a massive sweeping statement - there are lots! I am not denying your experiences but have to say that making statements such as
Event Staff on a regular basis working in the event trade to provide valued additional sustenance and contribution as necessary.

Quick Reply

Latest