The Student Room Group

Career Development Loan Question

I'm doing an MA in Ancient History at Royal Holloway (did my BA in same subject at same uni) in September.

I just lost my temp job ("we're running out of money so all 10 of you in this room, don't come in on Monday") so I'm short on cash and will probably have to take out a career development loan.

Does anyone know if any of the main 3 (Barclay's, Royal Bank of Scotland, and Co-Operative bank) have penalty charges if you pay off the loan early? My parents say they'll lend me the money to pay it off if the interest becomes too much of a problem but that won't be much good if I get whacked with a huge fee for paying the damn thing off quickly.
Reply 1
Cant offer you any advice regarding the loan etc but would you be happy if I pmed you regarding Holloway?. Am looking at going there for my Masters in 08
Reply 2
Yasureyoubetcha ^_^ (that means yes).
Reply 3
MentalSarcasm
I'm doing an MA in Ancient History at Royal Holloway (did my BA in same subject at same uni) in September.

I just lost my temp job ("we're running out of money so all 10 of you in this room, don't come in on Monday") so I'm short on cash and will probably have to take out a career development loan.

Does anyone know if any of the main 3 (Barclay's, Royal Bank of Scotland, and Co-Operative bank) have penalty charges if you pay off the loan early? My parents say they'll lend me the money to pay it off if the interest becomes too much of a problem but that won't be much good if I get whacked with a huge fee for paying the damn thing off quickly.

I just got one arranged, and the answer is no: it's a good idea to, you'll save some money. I went for a 60 month repayment period to make the monthly demand cheap, but I hope to repay the 8k within a year of work (I will probably be working in finance/consultancy).

Latest

Trending

Trending