The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Who's on their way to Reading?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UniofReading
It's worth joining the Meteorology Society at the Student Union once your account(s) are all up and running (https://www.rusu.co.uk/societies/rumetsoc/) :smile:

Mark
2nd Year Accounting and Management

hi Mark. Thanks for your reply. what do I need to do in order to join metsoc then? what accounts do I need to get sorted? will I need to get an NUS card first, because I don't know how to get one.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by radiohedge
hi Mark. Thanks for your reply. what do I need to do in order to join metsoc then? what accounts do I need to get sorted? will I need to get an NUS card first, because I don't know how to get one.

Hi radiohedge,
Once you are fully enrolled you will be given your university username and password, you will then be able to join any of the societies at www.rusu.co.uk :smile:

You don't need a NUS Extra card to join any of the societies :biggrin:

Mark
Original post by AmyAmy123
Hi, I am going to be studying zoology, so excited! Reading was my firm choice and I'm just wondering whether we have to confirm the place on UCAS track or whether it goes through automatically? Thanks :smile:

Hey Amy, congrats on getting your firm choice ^_^ I'm also doing Zoology at Reading! Do you know what hall you're in yet?
Reply 63
Original post by Frankieos
I'm in Windsor Halls (the most I can cook is beans on toast, spag bol at a stretch, so I went for the catered option :biggrin:) I am doing Zoology though!

That sounds like a good call then! :P guess ill be meeting you next month
Hey Amy, congrats on getting your firm choice ^_^ I'm also doing Zoology at Reading! Do you know what hall you're in yet?

Yay! I'm going to be in wantage halls, you? :smile:
Original post by Mewii
That sounds like a good call then! :P guess ill be meeting you next month

Ahah yeah how lucky for you! I'm the socially awkward lanky one who probably has some sort of pun on their shirt :biggrin:
Yay! I'm going to be in wantage halls, you? :smile:

I'm in Windsor halls :smile: Is yours catered or non catered?
I'm in Windsor halls :smile: Is yours catered or non catered?

Catered :smile: cooking isn't exactly one of my strengths yet! You're catered too right?
Catered :smile: cooking isn't exactly one of my strengths yet! You're catered too right?

Yeah, I am indeed, for the same reasons XD You're more optimistic than me though if it isn't a strength "yet". I'm cool with living off cheerios and instant noodles for second and third year though :h:
Got my place confirmed; anyone else going to study Spanish and/or History?? Or is anyone staying in Sherfield???
Original post by AndrewRobertson
Got my place confirmed; anyone else going to study Spanish and/or History?? Or is anyone staying in Sherfield???

Awesome.... I am staying at Sherfield but studying pharmacy
Yeah, I am indeed, for the same reasons XD You're more optimistic than me though if it isn't a strength "yet". I'm cool with living off cheerios and instant noodles for second and third year though :h:

To be honest I think that's what I'll end up doing as my attempts to learn to cook have been shocking!:h:
Not me...
Also can someone please tell me more about the BA economics course please and there experience. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey! I'm joining this year too. Doing my masters in international shipping and finance. Coming all the way from India so hope for a good stay. Kind of nervous but yea excited too.
How likely is it for me to get a place for accommodation as an insurance student ?
I've submitted an expression of interest but then it says done clearing students got halls offers?
Original post by gilberta
How likely is it for me to get a place for accommodation as an insurance student ?

It certainly is possible, the University can accompany nearly 4000 rooms and enrolls circa 6000 students a year - There is no guarantee however. Alternatively, there are 'Private Halls' available which you may want to consider including:

Unite Students
CRM Students
Fresh Living

Mark
To be honest I think that's what I'll end up doing as my attempts to learn to cook have been shocking!:h:

Ahaha glad I'm not the only one then! ^_^

Quick Reply

Latest