The Student Room Group

Never had a relationship

So what the title says, never ever. I'm 18 and I'm just worried people will see me in a bad light because I haven't. I have friends, quite a few but that's all people ever seem to be to me. Of course I don't want to throw myself at whatever guy or girl comes into my life, but does it matter? I don't really have much experience with anything like it other than casual sex with a girl once and something else that was more traumatising tha anything.
Original post by Anonymous
So what the title says, never ever. I'm 18 and I'm just worried people will see me in a bad light because I haven't. I have friends, quite a few but that's all people ever seem to be to me. Of course I don't want to throw myself at whatever guy or girl comes into my life, but does it matter? I don't really have much experience with anything like it other than casual sex with a girl once and something else that was more traumatising tha anything.

How many times have you been rejected, if any? (There is a point in asking this)

I'm the same I waited till it was someone similar to me, they'll come around the corner unexpected (I'm 18 too)

Its not important that you haven't, I never had anything close to a relationship until this year at the age of 24. It will happen when you least expect it.
Probably for the best. Save yourself the heartache.
Reply 5

Seriously don't worry about it. When it's meant to happen it will. Whatever you do don't be like me. That hurts. You're probably better out of a relationship than in one 😊

Your doing better than me. Only girlfriend I had when I was 15 used me for sexual stuff and she was almost 19. I have one friend and never go out I sit in my room everyday. And I'm still a virgin so I definitely say it doesn't matter.. :wink: oh and i'm 18 now. Just wait and hope for the best :smile:
In my opinion, wear it with pride :wink: You're far better placed at that end of the spectrum than those at the other ;P
Reply 8
Original post by SeanFM
How many times have you been rejected, if any? (There is a point in asking this)

Never, I guess I have always been scared,or the whole friend thing worries me, I don't want to lose them so I'd rather stay friends that them rejecting me and it becoming awkward.
Reply 9
Thankyou everyone. I feel better. If I am honest I am not really sure I have been well enough for a relationship. (Was in psych hospital for a while).
Thinking about it, I am happy to wait for someone good who makes me happy and crucially that I am ready to cope with one.
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending