The Student Room Group

Anyone else wanting to move country?

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'd like to go and live in Iceland, it's my dream to go there! Norway and New Zealand are also possibilities, they are both beautiful places :smile:
Original post by Mathemagicien
For those of you in the UK, are you thinking of moving to another country after you have completed your education?

If so, which country, and why?

Italy or Britain for me, because bf is from Italy and he doesn't like that UK left EU, so he most likely moving back after university here... he got the impression that all brexiters are colony wannabes, racists, bigots, ignorances, aargorant, anti-immigration, anti-LBGT, nationalist (when its only 0.5% crackpots)
This sounds cheesy but it is true, I've dreamt about living in New York ever since I was a child.
My current plan is to go and work there for a couple of years after I graduate

How about you?
Reply 4
I would love to move to Israel because it's such a beautiful and multi-cultured country! I love the atmosphere and the friendliness of strangers. I also have friends and family there. I'm not sure if I will move because it's harder to get a job there than in England.

Mathemagicien where would u move and why?
For those of you in the UK, are you thinking of moving to another country after you have completed your education?

If so, which country, and why?

legit when I'm done with Uni
I'm off to France
bye peoples :france:
Reply 6
CANADA
Canada, USA(California), Barbados, New Zealand, South Korea or Japan.

Basically anywhere where Science careers are expanding and are full of opportunities, which the UK doesn't have at the moment and It's going to get worse now that we are leaving the EU; who helps with the sciences, in Europe especially the UK.
Reply 8
Iceland, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland and Ireland are all possibilities for me.maybe Canada too.
Dubai
I'd love to go to either New Zealand or Canada.
Russia

I am half Russian and like the weather there:love::love::love:
USA or Canada, looks like it'll be about six years time so hopefully neither Trump or Hillary are in power.
Original post by DW4
I would love to move to Israel because it's such a beautiful and multi-cultured country! I love the atmosphere and the friendliness of strangers. I also have friends and family there. I'm not sure if I will move because it's harder to get a job there than in England.
?

If you make aliyah, the Israeli government will actually pay for your living for 1 year, teach you Hebrew for free and provide you with funds to make a down payment on a house.

Furthermore, if your'e below the age of 27 and in good health, you'll be offered guaranteed employment in the IDF. Whilst this isn't for everyone, it certainly provides an easier path to general employment in Israel as you'll be taught a wide variety of transferable skills!
Always wanted to live in the nice suburbs of LA for some reason.. Canada looks cool af too
Original post by TelAviv
Russia

I am half Russian and like the weather there:love::love::love:

I'll see you there .:russia:
North Korea
not british but Hong Kong is amazing, seriously.
Original post by ckfeister
Italy or Britain for me, because bf is from Italy and he doesn't like that UK left EU, so he most likely moving back after university here... he got the impression that all brexiters are colony wannabes, racists, bigots, ignorances, aargorant, anti-immigration, anti-LBGT, nationalist (when its only 0.5% crackpots)

Yeh, out of Britain and Italy, which of the two was a Fascist state within living memory. GG boyfriend.
Germany (or/including Austria, depending on your view).

Mainly because I dislike the UK, but like Western Europe. France is full of French people, so that's off the list. Netherlands, Denmark and other Scandinavian countries aren't options because they speak a heavily bastardised version of German that seems harder to understand.

Germany: I have family there, and honestly its just like a better version of the UK. Plus its not likely to leave the EU, and they drive on the right.

Austria: its like a smaller, slightly worse version of Germany, except they have the alps.

'France is full of French people' haha

You seem to really like Germany! Go for it! I personally couldn't be comfortable living anywhere outside the Anglosphere but I suppose I'd learn languages quick if I were forced to live outside it.

How strong is your German? Are you fluent?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending